a bit of lime

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery a bit of lime

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Lime
    Participant

“Permit me to introduce myself. I am Loki.” He bowed.

At first, Kelda did not answer, though he gazed at her expectantly. Finally, she swallowed her astonishment and managed to squeak, “Loki … Laufeyson?”

“Loki Laufeyson, Loki Flame-Hair, Silver-Tongue, Blood-Brother of the Allfather, Father of Monsters, Mother of Sleipnir, Lie-Smith, Scar-Lip, Wrecker of Worlds … yes. That Loki.”

yesthatloki2.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Great composition, love the will o the wisp-like fires.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Very atmospheric. Cool

Trekkie
    Participant

I like it! Great composition and atmosphere.

Lime
    Participant

Thanks guys. :)

The Lay of Thrym is probably my favorite Norse myth. This is the one where Thor’s hammer is stolen by a giant, who will only give it back if the gods give him Freya for his bride. The gods instead decide to send Thor disguised as Freya, with Loki disguised as the bridesmaid.

Loki is more convincing as a woman because he’s had more practice. ;)

layofthrym.png

Sadly, I doubt they will be incorporating this story into the plotline of the next Thor movie. I would pay double to see that.

Weilyn

I love that story Laugh Who said mythology can’t be hilarious?
    Great work!

Lime
    Participant

Honestly, this was just going to be a picture of Idunn and Freya. And then I noticed Freya looked kind of annoyed, so I thought I’d give her something to be annoyed about. Idunn is kind of the Luna Lovegood of Asgard, takes everything in stride and likes everybody, even Loki.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/lime/2012/10/photobombed.png

“Hey, Loki, remember that tree in Midgard you were going to show me, when I got kidnapped by that giant? Are we ever going to go look for that again?”

Hudson
    Participant

Awesomeness! I love Norse mythology Smile

Lime
    Participant

WOW have I really been absent since October? Well, here, have a friendly dwarven fellow to make up for it. This is Brusi. I think he shops at the same store as the dwarves from The Hobbit.
    brusi2.png

Dionne Jinn

Hah hah! Good to have you back, Lime. I like the way you decorated his tunic.

Lime
    Participant

Thanks!

Oh, and I totally forgot to share this guy, too: Back in December, we were listening to The Hobbit soundtrack while my husband was wrapping gifts in Rudolph-themed paper. This combination of factors led to a conversation in which we agreed there should have been a wizard called Rudolph the Red. So I made him.

rudolphthered.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome back.

Dionne Jinn

Oh, yes. Rudolph would fit in nicely. Looks good.

Lime
    Participant

Another dwarf, and a halfling in the bargain:

halflinganddwarf.png

Dionne Jinn

Beautiful couple.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.