a bit of lime

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery a bit of lime

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 218 total)
  • Author

Lime
    Participant

@Kaylin88100 said:
    …Did you do that on HeroMachine?

As for it “needing something”, I think it needs some kind of focus, or an indication of what it’s meant to be. For example, maybe you could turn the orb into a scrying crystal by showing a misty image of a person or place, or you could put it in a witch’s hands. At the moment it’s just a – very awesome – swirly thing. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Yep! All HM. The foliage is from one of the new “tattoo” insignias.

While making this, I was listening to Hearts of Space (an ambient music program with the slogan “slow music for fast times”) and thinking of … I dunno, the birth of imaginary worlds or something. Also undoubtedly I was influenced by art from some indie game or other that I seem to remember looking at on Steam.

Lime
    Participant

I had already revisited this one to try the new tattoo insignia on her, so I figured I’d spruce her up for the current contest:
    lime-sisterseraph.jpg

Mad Jack
    Participant

She looks really glorious … Cool

Lime
    Participant

The Warholian treatment strikes again.

lime-warholianjj.png

Lime
    Participant

Forums! I missed you!
    lime-sunset-1.png

Lime
    Participant

A couple of fantastical creatures.
    lime-qilin.pnglime-selkie.png

Stulte
    Participant

The qilin is awesome!

Lime
    Participant

Uploading this headshot for the hair contest. I posted the full-body picture back in February.

youngmyzithrahead.png

Lime
    Participant

Yay! Forums are back! Wow this text is tiny. Anyway, let’s test this out:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lime
    Participant

This is my redesign of Moon Girl, a princess of Samarkand and the latest in a long line of woman warriors. She has inherited a moonstone that boosts her already considerable skill. Having vowed to marry only a man who can best her in battle, she nonetheless travels to America to be near an unsuccessful suitor she particularly liked. There, she takes the alias Claire Lune and fights crime.

I chose new colors for her redesign to resemble the colors in moonstone and also, almost coincidentally, the flag of Uzbekistan, where Samarkand is located.

Attachments:

Lime
    Participant

Angrboda is the giantess said to be the mother of Loki’s best-known children, Fenris-Ulf, Hel, and Jormangand.

Attachments:

Lime
    Participant

Angrboda close-up.

Attachments:

Stulte
    Participant

Awesome! You rarely see illustrations of Angerboda. Interesting choice of character pulled of excellently.

Lime
    Participant

Thanks, Stulte. 🙂

Didn’t finish in time to be considered for this week’s contest (indeed, not necessarily finished at all), but here’s a taiko drummer.

Attachments:

cliff
    Participant

Hey Lime I love your Taiko drummer. Sorry ya didn’t get it in the Contest.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.