We had a lot of great entries for Caption Contest 108 (Talk Like a Pirate Day). As usual, I've gone through and picked out the ones I thought were the funniest for your enjoyment:
- Dan Gonzalez: Whaddaya mean the Village People auditions were yesterday!?!
- alphaalpharomeo: I have Davey Jones Locket
- Rick: Raid! Pilfer! Makeover!
- ams: All you can eat shrimp? Set sail to the Red Lobster, maties!!
- Frevoli: Hand over the Black Pearl! It’d go great with my white gold earring
- Frevoli: All me movies be rated arrrrrh!
- Big Mac: I’ll be taking your treasure AND your booty, YARRGH!
- Vampyrist: Flower Power, bitches.
- The Atomic Punk: Shiver me timbers and minnie me pearls!
- Knighthawk: I like big boats and I can not lie!
- Rendu: Hey, everybody! It’s ‘Talk Like An Office Worker Day’ Let’s all enjoy free donuts in the break room!
- Galactic Ketchup: Tis I, Captain John Swallow!
- Sutter_Kaine: Arr! I be barred from coming within 20,000 leagues of an elementary school!
Out of those very strong contenders, I had to pick just one to be the overall winner. It was a tough call, but ultimately I went with ... Knighthawk!
Rendu was a razor-close finisher as well, but I just couldn't get the dialog to fit in the balloon without looking really tight.
Congratulations to Knighthawk and all the other Finalists!
Congratulations! Sheer genius!
“Missed it by THAT much”!:) Congratulations, Knighthawk!
Congrats, Knighthawk. I can actually hear a pirate singing that. I’ll try it at work. Freak out my co-workers.
@Jeff: Thanks for the honorable mention. Though I doubt anyone under 35 gets the reference to “Minnie Pearl.” ;9
@The Atomic Punk, I didn’t get it, but congrats on mention.
Congrats to the winner as well.
Punk, that was definitely one for us old farts 🙂 It made me laugh for real, though.
I’ve got all but the last part of the song…
I like big boats and I can not lie
you other sailors cant deny
When she pulls it into port
And has to stop it up short
You Load guns
Wanna haul up tough
Cuz you notice that hull was stuffed
Deep in the sea she’s wearing
I’m gaffed and I can’t stop staring
Oh, baby I wanna hard board ya
And take your plunder
My shipmates tried to warn me
But that aft you got
Make Me so horney
Ooh, hull of smooth sleet
You say you wanna get in my fleet
Well use me, use me, cuz you aint that average booty
I’ve seen them Flaggi’
To hell with demandin’
She’s slack, block and tack, smooth like a turtle back
I’m tired of bardic sings
Saying thin keel are the thing
Take the average pi-rat and ask him that
She gotta pack much sack
So captains (yeah) captains (yeah)
Has your beauty got the boat (hell yeah)
Well sail it, sail it, sail it, sail it, sail that healthy boat
Baby got Sack
I like’em round and low
And when I’m giving a show
I just can’t help myself
I’m actin like an admiral
Now here’s my vandal
I wanna splash your prow
And UH, Fire twice UH UH
I aint talkin bout schooners
Cuz dutch hips were made for toys
I wannem real thick and heavy
So find that sloop-of-war
Captains to give what for
Beggin for a piece of that score
@Knighthawk, I would say you have too much time on your hands but thats pretty funny
Congrats to Knighthawk on the win, and thanks to Jeff for the honourable mention 🙂