This is a terrible drawing. Crappy craptacular crapitosis. Blerg. I blame the dog crapping in the house, it set the tone for the day. Also the moon was in my eyes. But, you can't only post the good stuff if you're trying to be honest, which I am. Some days it just doesn't come together.
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Sometimes, my best answer to an artist doing that kind of negative response to themselves is “Man, what?”
I know I’m also hard on myself, but perhaps a discussion of why you feel this is terrible might help?
Your worst is better then my best.
I don’t see why you don’t like it. Maybe you only don’t like it because the mode you were in when you did it.
The anatomy is way, way off. His left forearm — wtf is going on there? The bicep is no better. The right arm is just as bad, the forearm is way too long and the hand too big. I don’t know what’s going on in the neck and trapezius muscles.
The only halfway decent part is the smoke trail and the left hand. The turban’s way too fussy with too many lines, the head is too wide, and the trailing turban ribbons are poorly done. In general the line work is sloppy and undirected.
Actually, the ribbon is the only bad part in my opinion. I think the folds on the turban work excellently, because it makes it realistic. The right pinky is kind of wierd, but I think the head is fine. You are too hard on yourself here Mr. Jeff.
A few tweaks here and there but I don’t it’s that bad myself.