A rejected illustration for a character from Jeff Mejia's "Legends of Steel" project which I stumbled upon last night and revamped slightly for today. A bit of a cheat, but I did work on it today so it counts!
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
So you’re going for a “Renaissance courtier with knowledge of the mystical, magical dark arts” vibe? I like it. BTW, how go the HM3 updates?
HM3 was greatly slowed by another UGO project and real life stuff, but I am working on Fantasy Armor again this morning.
Really like the detail on the sleeves. The cane has me rubbing my chin a bit. Not that I’d ever knock a character with a good cane, but it’s so straight, it’s making me feel like it should be hitting the floor. It doesn’t seem to be, when compared to where his shoes end. Unless he’s actually tipping it back slightly, then it would make perfect sense.
I’ll just go with that.
Yah, the idea was that it was tipped back.
first thing I thought when I look at this was, “I’m not just an evil sorcerer, I’m a FANCY evil sorcerer!!”
I actually dress up for Renaissance fairs so this one I like a lot actually. And a good cane like that is not just for style or walking. You could smash someones jaw right off with that steal ball on the end. There is even a martial art for using a cane called Bartitsu.
Well that was a lot of rambling… any way I like it.