Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
SOD.088 – Owlbear
This entry was posted in Sketch of the Day. Bookmark the permalink.
Been on a D&D kick lately? Time to break out the books?
You know it! I don’t have an original edition Monster Manual around any more, though I’d swear at one point I did recently. They do seem to have caught my attention, though.
On a more technical note, I tried using more gradients and layers on this Flash-colored illustration. I got some surprising effects on the feathers that I liked a lot.
I think I saw that on Warcraft 3.
WoW has something sort of similar, but they wear hoods and have antlers, I think. And they’re fatter. This is the D&D style monster.
The feathers are really cool.
I was thinking about requesting this in the companion section. This thought lead me to wonder what kind of adventurer would have an Owlbear as a companion.
“Come along Owlbear… No Owlbear! Put me down! Bad Owlbear! Ba–(death rattle)”
AD&D is awesome. Many fond memories. I still have my original blue MM, but the binding is being held on with duct tape. I’d fortunately found another one while treasure hunting at a used book store, so I’ve got a near perfect copy as well. 🙂
what no men-bear pig!
I like the lighting. Kind of looks like someone is shining a flashlight on it. Perhaps a dark cave background and a yellow stream would complete the effect. 🙂
One thing pops into my mind. World of Warcraft. 😛
AWSOME best picture yet AWSOMENESS through the roof!!!!!!!!
Connor, yes, as we said a few comments back, WoW took the Owlbear model and added a hood, clawed feet, and reindeer antlers.
Atomic Punk, that’s exactly the effect I was going for, glad you caught that!
And thanks Tristan!
dude alsome monster what did you get it off of warcrafts lol jk man jk.