(From "Daredevil" number 10, 1940 something)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Whats His Name? The Debater
Maybe it’s a new thing… Like that boxing-chess, this would be kung-fu-debate. You argue the issue for a minute then fight for a minute. 😉
….well at least his name isn’t The Master Debater.
LMAO @ LOKI
@Loki: The Master Debater’s arch enemy is the Cunning Linguist.
ooooh, Mr. Beaty!
(Yo, izzat 3-D Man or somethin’?)
That’s actually the original Daredevil, a 1940’s-era character who was a fighter pilot and super-hero guy. But yeah, he looks a LOT like the later 3-D Man.
Alex Ross tried to revive a whole set of these guys (including the now locally famous Green Lama) in Project Superpowers. This one was referred to as ‘Devil. Gee, I wonder why? But in that one, he didn’t talk, if I remember right.
Ah, right. I’m glad you mentioned that, Bael, because ever since I read Project Superpowers, it’s been gnawing at the back of my mind: why the hell is a guy without horns or demonic power called ‘Devil? I did a lot of fill-in-the-blank guessing for what that apostraphe might be standing in for, believe you me, but for some reason never thought “Dare”! Duh.