(From "Wonder Comics" number 11, 1947.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Part One: The “ON” switch and volume knob…
I know, right?! “What is this PLUG you keep talking about?” And the way it’s written, it sounds like the guy’s Russian. “I send you Big Kits of Radio Parts!” Cracks me up.
Part Two: The Dial (Or “Searching the Ether”)
Part Three: Listening to a Song (Includes detailed description by Enrico Fermi and Nikola Tesla)
Ohh, “Bizarre Ads of Yesteryear” (from comic books) is a WHOLE category into itself!
“Be strong like bull! I send you radio kit AND barbell to pump your mah-suls!”
I wonder if the order form read something like, “Please to be sending my large collections of radios-part, thus I can begin to study radio very good, yes?”
In Soviet Russia, radio makes big boxes of parts of YOU!
Tell me, is ‘Learn Radio’ anything like ‘Learn Russian’? I’m not referring to the nationality…I’m just saying it sounds as though whoever put that ad together thought ‘Radio’ was a language unto itself.
I wonder what language the instructions are in…
Radio, of course! :->