Help Support This SiteHeroMachine takes many hours a month to enhance, support, and develop, and hundreds of dollars a month to sustain. If you find joy and value in it, please consider supporting it by becoming a Premium Member for just $0.99 a month. Premium Membership includes access to HeroMachine 2 & 3 in full-screen, no-ad versions. You can create in peace!
Or if you're not interested in a recurring subscription, you can show your support with a single donation in any amount:
If monetary support isn't in your budget, you can still help by sharing your love of the program on Facebook, Twitter, or simply by sharing with your friends in real life. Your participation in our forums or by commenting on posts is also sincerely appreciated.
I'm proud of the community we've built here over the years and welcome you happily. Thank you for your support!
- Character Design Contest ♯110 (Mech Me Some Robots) Poll March 1, 2015
- Character Design Contest ♯109 (Aquatic)- Winner March 1, 2015
- Damn, he’s smooth. February 28, 2015
- Open Critque Day #15 February 27, 2015
- R.I.P Leonard Nimoy February 27, 2015
Usually these polls fall into one of two categories. Either they’re close, with the winner being within 10 votes of second place, or the winner runs away with it. This week wasn’t close, but it wasn’t exactly a run away victory either. But in the end I guess that wouldn’t really matter to Nug whose Ace Of Hearts won this contest. Congrats Nug and well done to everyone who entered.
Extremely sorry this wasn’t up on time (again).
Just as a warning, I’m not going to be able to respond on here for most of Saturday because I have something going on in real life.
I’m not going to be saying a lot this week, because it would end up sounding an awful lot like the COTW from 3 weeks ago when I last featured some of Viper’s work, but the same things still apply. Awesome shading, great use of colour and very nice item usage, especially with the masked patterns on the armour. A little more garish than the one from 3 weeks ago, with all the shiny jewels, but Viper certainly knows his way around golds and oranges.
Gallery: Viper’s Multiverse
Friend of HeroMachine Ben Finn is helping promising new writer Melody Wolfe launch a Kickstarter for her new fantasy novel, “Rivertown”:
Rivertown is the story of a young woman who rises to heroism in the face of a growing crisis. Against a backdrop of mystery and secrets, she must discover who she is, and how to save the people she loves.
The Kickstarter runs from Feb. 19 to Mar. 19, 2015!
The samples I’ve read so far sound really good and the cover art looks fantastic:
The HeroMachine community is all about helping artists find their voices and making imaginations come to life, so I hope you’ll take a moment to head on over to the campaign and help Melody (and Ben!) out with her dream.
Last week we did the Avengers, so obviously we had to do one about DC’s premier super-team. Have fun…
As per usual, 10 questions with a total of 20 points to get and don’t post answers in the comments, just your scores. The answers will be below a jump from the post whilst on the main blog page, so if you don’t want to be spoiled, take a look at the questions on the blog first.
1. Who was the villain in the first ever issue of The Justice League Of America? (1 Point)
Bonus- Who/ what was/ were the first villain/ villains the original Justice League line-up teamed up to fight against? (1 Point)
2. What inspired DC comics to use the word League in the title of their super team (over resizing the then defunct Justice Society of America title)? (1 Point)
3. Which of these was not a spin off book from the Justice League? (1 Point)
a) Justice League Europe b) Justice League Detroit
c) Justice League Task Force d) Extreme Justice
4. When was the JLA/ Avengers crossover published? (1 Point)
5. In which comic did the Justice League first appear? (1 Point)
Bonus- Who was the villain? (1 Point)
6. What was the name of the teams teenage “mascot” from their first appearance in November 1960 to issue 77 of The Justice League of America (December 1969)? (1 Point)
7. Name the original line-up of the Justice League as per the 2001-2004 Bruce Timm animated TV series (including which iteration of characters if there has been more than one person to take that secret identity in the comics cannon). (7 points, 1 per correct answer)
8. Which of the men to have taken the identity “Green Lantern” has never been a member of the Justice League? (1 Point)
9. Where is the Hall of Justice located? (1 Point)
Bonus- Who designed it? (1 Point)
10. When did the original Justice League of America comic series (the one that started with issue 1 cover dated November 1960) end? (1 Point)
Bonus- How many issues did this run include? (1 Point)
Answers below the jump.
Hello fellow Machiners, and Anime fans, on this edition of “Anime Talk” I want to find out how each of you watch Anime? Do you still purchase DVD/Blu-Ray Discs? Do you download (legally I hope) your anime from a service like iTunes, or Amazon instant video? Are you limited to what is on television on channels like the Cartoon Network? or Do you subscribe to a video streaming service like Netflix or Hulu plus ?