Your challenge is to create an updated look for the Public Domain hero – Captain 3D
Copy and paste the link below to see his powers and back story
Rules for posts, contests, and challenges:
• Original characters only, no copyrighted characters, no characters based on copyrighted characters, no characters based on RPG’s or other games.
• The characters must be your own design and not based on any character that might be copyrighted in any way.
• Please keep all submissions PG13: full or partial nudity is prohibited.
• I have the right to delete any post that I believe crosses this line without warning.
• Only post characters that have been created solely using Hero Machine, and that you know for certain have never been entered in a contest before. If you aren’t certain, don’t enter it, because I’m not going to go back through all of the contests and check.All entries must be in JPG or PNG (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like http://www.heromachine.com/forum, Image Shack, Deviant Art or whatever) Do not use Photobucket<.
• Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name.
• No copyrighted characters please – they will be deleted.
• Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this).
Thia challenge will close at 6 pm on Saturday, January 14. Voting will start then.
Here is what is changing:
• Challenges will start weekly on Sunday at 1pm Eastern
• Challenges will close on Saturday of the same week at 6pm
• After the challenge closes members will vote for a top 3.
• You must assign first, second and third place
• If you vote an entry as First it will receive ten points; a second place finish gets 7 points; third place gets three points.
• The winner each week will receive my version of their entry rendered using HeroMachine 3
• You cannot vote for your own entry
• Voting must be completed by 11am Sunday.
• The winner each week will choose the topic of the next challenge, and cannot enter the challenge .Simply email me your challenge topic to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:30 pm on Sunday.
• Perhaps most importantly, this means that I can enter CDCs again
The last survivor of an otherwise extinct humanoid race, the 3-D Captain is gifted with superior intellect and physical attributes. He is fitter, stronger, and faster than normal humans, to an unspecified level in his only brief appearance. Able to survive for millennia stored in the Book of D, Captain 3-D can only be freed by the special glasses developed and constructed by Professor Five.
https://www.deviantart.com/cavillier70/art/Captain-3D-redo-944932791 I was partly inspired by the 3-D Man, (and Triathlon) who I always liked from What If the Avengers formed in the 1950s when I first discovered him and his team. But I read Captain 3D inspired the 3D Man, and seeing he was created by Jack Kirby I also drew some inspiration from the Infinity Man and attempted to emulate a Kirby-esque look.
Kept the traditional costume , but experimented with pose and background.
Can’t stand the original costume, this unintentionally came out as a meshing of a version of Marvel’s Wonder Man & 3D Man
Challenge closed. Voting begins soon