Timedrop23’s New Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Timedrop23’s New Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Timedrop23
    Participant

According to my old thread, I’ve been out of the game for a month now. I was able to recover most of my failed hard drive (or rather, Staples was), including all of my Heromachine stuff.
    I thought it would be a good point to make a fresh start, ret-conning a few characters and giving the old cast some shady updates. Not to worry. I will soon have a link in my signature to my freshman thread. But to kick the New Universe off in style, here’s my new version of Frank Hallows:
     photo FrankHallowsampPATCH_zpsbd529352.png
    Name: Frank Hallows
    Team Affiliations: The Hallows, Clockwork
    Race: Human
    Birthplace: Ithaca, NY
    Powers/Abilities: Superior intellect, Psychically controlled battle armor (Enhanced strength, Electro-kinetic weaponry, Time travel), Paraplegic when not wearing armor.
    Bio: Frank Hallows is the founder and CEO of HallowGen, and creator of the Psionic Activation Taskmaster Conveyance Harness (P.A.T.C.H. suit). He was paralyzed from the waist down during an accident at his company, and must wear the P.A.T.C.H. suit at all times if he is to function properly in the world. HallowGen’s research has caught the eye of many competitors and terrorist groups, so although it is essentially a prosthesis, Frank has modified the P.A.T.C.H. in recent months to function as an offensive weapon that focuses ionized air into electric projectiles.

Timedrop23
    Participant

My new signature is up now.
    Plus, to get more traffic for HM and my own blog (wherein I review movies, books, music, etc.), I have begun a new blog series called Heroes Are Made, that brings a piece of the HeroMachine world to my small readership on Blogger.

Nytol :)

Timedrop23
    Participant

Here is my shaded re-design of the Frank Hallows villain, The B.R.I.D.E. I originally created her for a Public Domain contest last year but didn’t get too much of a response about her. I changed her dress, continued that machine-pretending-to-be-human aspect of her into a new set of legs, and added some shading and glowing effects.
     photo BRIDE_zps22be643a.png
    Name: The B.R.I.D.E.
    Alias: Elizabeth Victoria Stein
    Enemies: Frank Hallows, Deus-X
    Race: Android
    Birthplace: Ithaca, NY
    Powers: Superhuman strength, Energy claws, Absorbs (downloads) human memory by touch.
    Bio: Dr. Elisabeth Victoria Stein (Evie to her friends) was once a prominent scientist at HallowGen, contracted by founder Frank Hallows to research the connection between computers and the human brain. Her work would soon form the basis for the interface Frank now uses to control the P.A.T.C.H. suit. But Dr. Stein’s ambitions reached much higher. She wished to push the boundaries of ethical science by attempting to have human brains directly interface with computer hardware, and even convert human memory into binary data for storage on computer mainframes.
    Fearing the devastatingly godlike potential this would have in the wrong hands, Frank shut down Dr. Stein’s program and fired her, retaining the rights to all of Stein’s research and keeping her findings under the highest level of security possible.
    Weeks went by without incident, but Dr. Evie Stein would return in force, breaking into HallowGen with a bang and escaping the ensuing chaos with her research and several million dollars’ worth of stolen HallowGen technology.
    The bomb she planted below her former employer’s office would leave Frank paralyzed from the waist down, dependent on the newly completed P.A.T.C.H. suit for his mobility and survival.
    Meanwhile, the disgraced Dr. Evie Stein would continue her work in secret, fashioning the Bionic Remote Interactive Digital Envoy from her cache of stolen P.A.T.C.H. and X-2 technology and taking the fatal risk of using her own brain as the upload source for what would prove to be her final experiment.
    The transfer was a success. Dr. Evie Stein’s human body was now an empty, soulless shell. But what did it matter when she had a stronger, faster cybernetic body at her command? But the collection of firing synapses that comprised the essence of Dr. Elisabeth Victoria Stein would quickly fall victim to the numerous security subroutines embedded in the patchwork of stolen HallowGen tech, leaving behind only a heavily armed, psychologically unstable automaton with a now-baseless hatred of Frank Hallows and an unwavering desire to possess as much human knowledge as possible. Beware, for The B.R.I.D.E. is alive!

Vampyrist
    Participant

She’s awesome!

Timedrop23
    Participant

Thank you Vampyrist!
    Now for Frank Hallows’ second villain, the team leader of the Power Suits. You can tell his ego is huge because he named the team after himself…
     photo PowerSuit-WilliamErnst_zpsa8633f1a.png
    Name: Power Suit
    Alias: William Ernst
    Team Affiliations: The Power Suits
    Enemies: Frank Hallows, Deus-X, The Golem Queen
    Birthplace: Geneva, Switzerland
    Powers/Abilities: Superior intellect, copper/Knavium battle armor (Enhanced strength, Electro-kinetic weaponry, Absorbs electricity)
    Bio: William Ernst is the founder and CEO of the Nernst Corporation, a rival company of HallowGen that uses its comparable (but inferior) technology for military applications, often with highly controversial consequences. Ernst has been the orchestrator of many attempted hostile takeovers of Frank Hallows’ company, the latest of which led Frank to purchase and shut down the Nernst Corporation and have his rival deported back to Switzerland. A vengeful William Ernst would spend months working in seclusion to complete his Power Suit, a battle armor with similar offensive capabilities to Frank’s P.A.T.C.H. suit, but is composed of a special copper/Knavium alloy that absorbs and magnifies electric charge.

Notes: William and Ernest are the names of the two men who rescue Victor Frankenstein at the beginning of Mary Shelley’s novel. Nernst is a kind of incandescent lightbulb.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Fantastic shading!

Timedrop23
    Participant

Thanks again, Vamp (is that an OK shorthand to call you?). I think I could have shaded the lower legs better (or chosen better legs to work with), but I’m basically happy with him.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Here is my new Pharaoh Hi-N’Un XII. I re-posed him and changed his costume a bit to allow for greater shading possibilities (and because I always wanted to do a gunslinger pose like this). I also got rid of the weird sword-gun that I never came up with an explanation for and he never got to use, replacing it with a traditional shotgun.
     photo Hi-NUnXII_zps2ecfdb58.png
    Name: Pharaoh Hi-N’Un XII
    Alias: Peter Hallows
    Birthplace: Cairo, Egypt
    Powers/Abilities: Expert marksman and gunfighter, extremely skilled with all manner of ranged weaponry, former Egyptian monarch, rumored to be more than 2,500 years old.
    Bio: Pharaoh Hi-N’Un XII is Frank’s father. After spurning the advances of Frank’s mother, who is a time-travelling witch, the Pharaoh was mummified and entombed, cursed by the witch with eternal sleep. Some time in the American Wild West era, the tomb was disturbed and the curse interrupted. Pharaoh Hi-N’Un XII soon took up a gun and became a truly immortal folk hero, with his name being attributed to the classic midday duels for honor that marked his life and the history of the American West.

Wolf Master
    Participant

Your shading is amazing. Also inventive character designs. nice wrok cant wait to see more.Smile

Timedrop23
    Participant

Thanks, Wolf!

mattisagamer
    Participant

Awesome glows and shading! Detailing on Pharaoh Hi-N’Un XII is amazing, especially on the revolvers.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Thanks, matt!
    The revolvers are my favorite part, too.

Your signature suddenly has me hungry for chimichangas…and deep-fried ninja meerkats. Yum.

Timedrop23
    Participant

Here’s the final member of the Hallows team, re-posed, re-costumed, and–duh, winning–shaded for your viewing pleasure. I thought her first design was too simple and unoriginal for a team heroine, and that she might get lynched or something if she showed up in ancient Egypt wearing thigh-highs and fishnets with her boobs sticking out. Oh, and I gave her a more magic-looking magic effect. So say hello again to Tempora:
     photo TemporaDoce_zpsd7e0b40e.png
    Name: Tempora
    Alias: Tempora Hallows
    Birthplace: Rome, NY
    Powers/Abilities: Time manipulation, witchcraft
    Bio: Tempora Hallows is Frank’s mother. She is a legacy witch, and the only surviving member of a coven of time-manipulators. A war has been waging for centuries between the temporals and the other elemental covens, but the temporals have been targeted most frequently for their alleged abuse of cosmic forces and their mercenary status among the wiccan community.
    She defected from the war and fled to ancient Egypt, where she met the man who would become Frank’s father. The two fell in love, but Egyptian custom would not allow their mixed-race relationship (a fact Tempora was ignorant of when the Pharaoh rejected her and she cursed him with eternal sleep).
    Upon returning to her own time, Tempora discovered she was pregnant with Frank, and put aside her mystic dabbling to raise the child. During her pregnancy, however, Tempora was prone to uncontrollable bouts of astral travel (which amounted to little more than extremely vivid precognitive dreams), and soon learned who her son was meant to become and how through him she would be reunited with her lost love.

Stulte
    Participant

Brilliant colouring and shading!

Nug
    Participant

Awesome design! The back story though! Wow!! The endless possibilities someone like that has! Great Job!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.