The Soupster’s Kitchen

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery The Soupster’s Kitchen

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

OH. MY. GOD :JAW-DROP:

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Prof.Anthrax

There must be great pain involved. The pain from someone tearing apart your mind.

The only name I can think of right now is Sanjay… Hopefully this can get the ball rolling towards some better offerings.

Weilyn

I love the pose as well! It works great with the overall concept and the look on his face.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Yes, great pose with Precog. How about Sriram or Rohit for the character’s name?

TheSoupster
    Participant

Hmmm… Rohit is cool, but I’m leaning more towards Sanjay. Apparently it means conquering/triumphant, which is suitably ironic for the character, but also according to wikiname, “The first reference to the name was in the ancient Sanskrit epic, Mahabharata… It is said that Sanjay was insightful and had the ability to see into the future.” Often helped the king win battles. VERY appropriate!!

As for the comments, thank you very much! Initially I thought maybe the biceps were too big, or the forearms too long or something (couldn’t quite put my finger on it, just looks slightly out of scale), but despite that I am warming to it. Which is nice. :) JR19759’s comment made me laugh though… Perhaps a slight overreaction!! :P

Herr D
    Participant

You might consider submitting the pose to custom archive. Well done. I’m fairly sure I looked approximately that way when I read that the blog would change.

TheSoupster
    Participant

@Herr D said:

You might consider submitting the pose to custom archive. Well done. I’m fairly sure I looked approximately that way when I read that the blog would change.

Yeah, good shout. It’ll have to be later (still need to upload the text file of the face for weilyn as well), but it’ll get done. Going to have to take a break from making drawings for a few days (despite not having made that many yet), as otherwise I’ll fail my exams. :P

I’ve got a couple from the week or so I spent with the program in the summer, so I’ll post them to show you what the characters (Esme, James and Ben) looked like then!

TheSoupster
    Participant

Next up, another villian, although he comes later on in the story. He’s also nameless, for the moment, but has the rather horrific power of being able to turn anyone into zombies with a bite by virtue of an engineered virus in his blood. When he initially discovered his power he forced himself into isolation, wandering the Peak District, but with the ability came a temper, and a thirst for blood, and it wasn’t long before the loneliness and temptation tipped him over. He’s been locked up several times, most recently in the securest wing of a psychiatric hospital, but chaos follows him everywhere he goes… Watch out world. He’s back with vengeance.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/thesoupster/2012/12/Zombie-Guy.png

Ideally this picture would have sillhouetted or slightly transparent zombies in the background, but I couldn’t be bothered to make them just now! Also, how do you delete attachments? The Zombie-Guy is just a rename of the other one!

TheSoupster
    Participant

Last exam this semester = FINISHED. :D Hopefully have a lot more time to HeroMachine-ise the remaining characters in my head.

Next up, the first of a two person team, the Peace Keepers. Gaining powers sent some over the edge (see above), but it gave some the tools they needed to finally make a difference. Sam and her brother Moses live in East London, and have lost friends to gang violence with the neighbouring estate. After Sam was gifted with the ability to generate electricity in her hands, and Moses was able to overload the senses with blinding light and static, they took to the streets in a bid to clean up their area. The two of them work like clockwork, each playing off the other’s strengths to become a formidable fighting team.

Lightning-Girl.png

Moses’ alias is Static, but I can’t think of a cool, simple name for Sam. Any ideas? Moses should follow sometime this week!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Love the lightning effect on the whip, and the posing.

Vampyrist
    Participant

I like Sam, regarding the name, how about shock, which I admit has been used similarly, but it is still a good name.

TheSoupster
    Participant

@Vampyrist said:

I like Sam, regarding the name, how about shock, which I admit has been used similarly, but it is still a good name.

Hmmm… Static and Shock do go well together! Definitely in the running. And thanks, I quite like her as well, definitely one of my favourites so far. :)

TheSoupster
    Participant

Next up, Static, AKA Moses Hunter, the brother of (Now leaning towards Danielle as a name, so I’m going to Retcon that one in… :P ) Sam, and the other half of the Peace Keepers. He has the ability to overload the senses of anyone he’s looking at with deafening static and blinding flashes of light, rendering them helpless for anywhere between a few seconds and a couple of minutes. It’s all in the head, too, so no lasting damage either! Score.

Moses-Hunter.png

Massive thanks to AMS for the pose as well. First time I’ve used a preset pose, but it really works as a springboard into the design, bypassing the blank canvas block!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Loving the shading

TheSoupster
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Loving the shading

Thanks man, got to love doing hooded characters!

I meant to do this a while ago, but most of the characters I’ve been posting are remakes of ones I did in my brief stint with HeroMachine in the summer. Thought I’d could share them as a sort of then and now idea…

First up, Esme Rosetta, redone one can be found at the top of Page 2:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7795388/Esme%20Rosetta.png
    Next, Ben Smith, redone one can be found halfway down Page 1:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7795388/Fire%20Guy.png
    Danielle Hunter, redone one can be found at the bottom of Page 2:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7795388/Lightning%20Girl.png
    Finally, James Neilson, redone one can be found at the bottom of Page 1:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7795388/Wireless%20Guy.PNG

Enjoy!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.