Skoul's Mind

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Skoul's Mind

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 139 total)
  • Author

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks Guys!

@Lull-carae
    : Oh gosh, I didn’t realise I was being marked. I’ll try better next time.

Speaking of next time… here s another aquatic hero. No name as of yet as it’s really difficult to think up aquatic themed names that haven’t already been used in some capacity. As for gifts, he has the ability to absorb and expel water from his body, he can also filter out the oxygen to breathe. Now I’m off to try and make a body for Great White, you know what they say – “third times the charm” or just another aquatic hero.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Awesome costume there. A+ (Because Lull is marking people)

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Marking plague is spreading! (sorry for starting it :< )

Anyway, Father Water (pun name inspired by “Mother Earth”, since he is, well, water-typed superhero, and he is male also) looks really good

costume (+1)

shading and highlighting seems ok/good (+1)

smoke…? Why the smoke? Is that a suggestion that he likes to smoke a lot? (?!)

Overall: Great, no major flaws (no minor flaws also, or maybe i am blind and tired after work, who knows)

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks a lot guys!

Oh and the smoke is because there is no decent 3/4 turned bare foot with well defined toes, so I made his left leg all black and the only way I could easily justify it was to cover it with smoke. Come to think of it though I could have done some watery thing I guess.

Edit: Hydro! I like the name Hydro. It’s short, sweet and fits perfectly.

Skoul
    Participant

Soo..here we have a female hero, because I need more female characters. No name as of yet, but she has the ability to transfer her energy into objects and absorb small amounts. For the Most part she fills objects with kinetic energy and uses them like projectiles, including herself, thus she can have very quick short sprints. I think I’ll come back to GW at a later date.

EDIT: minor tweak. Can you find it?

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

A villain this time. He calls himself the Quantum Kid, his ‘gift’ allows him to absorb and release radiation making him virtually immune to it.

I would also like to thank Rise for posting the pose he was based on.

Attachments:

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Running girl in short: Great overall , no flaws found (+1), also didnt noticed what you fixed. Any hints?

Another Bad Guy in short: Looks truly evil, or at least truly bad, nice! However, the left fist seems to be odd for me. It’s hard to describe this, but i think there is something wrong with it. But it’s premade pose, and also i may be wrong about that hand, so it’s great and wonderful creation anyway (+1)

Herr D
    Participant

Running girl in short: Great overall , no flaws found (+1), also didnt noticed what you fixed. Any hints? Another Bad Guy in short: Looks truly evil, or at least truly bad, nice! However, the left fist seems to be odd for me. It’s hard to describe this, but i think there is something wrong with it. But it’s premade pose, and also i may be wrong about that hand, so it’s great and wonderful creation anyway (+1)

. . . That . . . does look like a broken left wrist, unless he has unusual flexibility as a power or knack or something. Should be easy to switch out.

Skoul
    Participant

Yeah I see what you mean about his fist, it’s a little impossible, I may go back and fix it.

@Lull-Carae
    : I put a black insignia beneath the bottom of her cleavage, as that part of her costume is in shadow.

Here is White Phoenix the protege of Black Phoenix. She was one of A.E.G.I.S guineapigs. They spliced her DNA with that of some extracted DNA from a fossilised feathered dinosaur, and so she sprouted wings. Her natural ‘gift’ allows her to manipulate flames, not create them and she is not immune to burns, though she is very resistant. She operates during the day and Black Phoenix during the night.

I also recently read JR’s post about the lack of commenting, and it’s fair to say it made me a little sad. I think that there is less interaction for people now on the blog, as there are no more CDC polls or COTW to keep peoples competitive spirits up. I do however realise there were good reasons those were stopped. A good part of my motivation for improving and continuing to use HM were to try and get in the CDC polls or even a mention in the also awesome section of COTW, because then I knew I was improving and it felt great to get acknowledged. I think the decline in interaction may be due to there being less to interact with, especially for non forum machiners. I will try to comment more, at least for the near future. Sorry for the long post.

P.S. I would have written a lot more but I felt it probably wouldn’t help.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Love the costume and pose on White Phoenix, great job there.

As for the other stuff, well, everyone knows why the polls stopped. If they ever make a comeback… dunno, it’s a possibility it could happen I guess. As for COTW, the reason that stopped is people just stopped commenting. And then there was a few weeks where barely anything was posted on the forums so I just didn’t see the point in carrying it on. If people want it to come back then I can do so, but it isn’t just a one way street. There’s nothing worse than spending a good chunk of time on a post and then no-one commenting.

Skoul
    Participant

Thanks JR! I understand where you’re coming from, and I truly hope that this community does last. I’m not sure what I would do without it.

Anyway, sad thoughts to one side, I give you the mentor of White Phoenix, Black Phoenix. Death finally caught up to Ethan Dark, but he didn’t die. He was one of A.E.G.I.S original test subjects and they experimented on him with DNA extracted from someone with psychic powers (I wonder who that could be?) His visions were a result of the experiments, but his natural ‘gift’ remained dormant. When he was killed, or more accurately, when his heart was about to stop his natural ‘gift’ of superhuman regeneration activated, healing him almost instantaneously (2 mins). He chose his name because his almost murderers set the building on fire, so you can imagine their faces when the man they just killed rose from the flames,like a phoenix, burns healing almost as soon as they appeared, walking towards them. Just to clarify, his healing ability only kicks in when his heart rate is almost zero, so it is not a constant effect.

Also I would like to thank AMS for the pose.

Attachments:

Vengeance
    Participant

very good looking designs

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

Black phoenix and white phoenix are very, veeeeery good! (+1)

@talk about running girl repaired flaw

oooh… That’s why i didn’t noticed! (seriously, trying not to look to much on these parts of female characters)

@COTW topic

And now i fell bad for not commenting often on these when these were still here ._. Sorry JR (and everyone), please don’t eat me. Always enjoyed seeing them, and looking at best creations of this week.

Vampyrist
    Participant

The Phoenixes are fantastic. I love how Black Phoenix just seems powerful, like he could take on an army and still be ready for more.

Skoul
    Participant

Huh?…What?…Is it 2017 already? Well here’s a fresh machining. Werecat. Thought to have been struck in the heart by a tiny meteorite, which quickly broke up and was pumped around his body, causing mutations. It is unknown whether his ‘gift’ if any activated and helped cause this or not. Werecat became an outcast and co-founded a group of rouges called The Freaks. Treated like freaks and monsters, they thought that if that is all people saw them as, then why shouldn’t they act like it. They aren’t villains, but they’re no heroes either, just….well….freaks.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.