Melmo44’s Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Melmo44’s Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 206 total)
  • Author

LullabyOfTheSin
    Participant

your two last cdc entries are good, solid made, nice looking, simply good (+1)

But that pop quiz entry, well, i am in love with this skull. Can i kiss it? can i marry it?!
    Seriously, its amazing, colors you used are great together on this piece of art, and overall its just wonderfull! (big +1,5) for you!

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Your Choice of Sides

Valriya Olshenskya was a brilliant, daring pilot and a member of Russia’s Regiment 588. One night while on a bombing run, she crashed behind enemy lines. Only escaping her plane with her knife, sidearm, and a handful of bullets, she escaped into the forest with the Germans hot on her heels. She managed to evade them for over a month, scavenging what she could, but unable to get past the enemy line. Eventually her luck ran out and she ran right into a group of SS soldiers. She shot two before taking cover, nearly out of ammunition. As she debated her final stand, Major Patriot appeared at her side, on a mission of his own. Together they were able to defeat their foes, but Valriya was hit in the process. She woke in an Allied hospital a week later. The doctor had injected her with an experimental serum to accelerate her healing, but left her able to manipulate kinetic energy. She could slow a bullet to a crawl, or speed it up to explode, and she herself could run, jump, and react much faster than normal. Learning she’d been declared dead by her superiors, she joined Major Patriot on covert missions, taking the name Night Witch to honor her sisters of the air that she’d left behind. She was pilot, sniper, and backup to Major Patriot. Attention would always be on him, allowing her to work without being seen.

Life after the war became difficult for Valriya, who had moved to the U.S. Initially hailed as a hero, these feelings turned to suspicion as the Cold War took hold, even though she now went by Valerie and had married an American man (a fellow soldier she’d met during the war). During the 1970’s, Major Patriot retired, naming Valriya as his successor. Her aging had slowed since she’d been given the serum, and she gladly took her old friend’s mantle. She is committed to honoring and continuing his ideals, no matter what the political climate.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Tiberius

Nice backstory! Very interesting and fun to read. I’m wondering what the story behind the British marking on the airplane is. Is Major Patriot British by chance?

Herr D
    Participant

Yah, one of the better backstories in the contest, certainly. Can imagine some heavy chagrin over her defection.

melmo44
    Participant

Nice backstory! Very interesting and fun to read. I’m wondering what the story behind the British marking on the airplane is. Is Major Patriot British by chance?

I figure when she joined the Allies and she got a new plane it would probably be a British one out of convenience more than anything.

Yah, one of the better backstories in the contest, certainly. Can imagine some heavy chagrin over her defection.

Most likely. That could be it’s own arc in the greater story.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Just for the Record

Powerdeath sensation Megatherium bring their signature aggressive power to their new album, Primeval Ruination! Featuring the hit singles, Smile ‘o Death and Glacial Maximum.

I haven’t entered a contest in a bit, so I thought I’d see what I could put together. It was a lot of fun, trying to fit together elements from both subgenres into the one cover.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Winter is Coming

Upon the Nightmare Throne (in the realm of the same name) sit the greatest of the Kar’Sol, the Dark Deities. Erevel is the god of madness, trapped in the primeval sea at the beginning of time only to emerge dark, twisted, and mad. He is pallid, unable to bear bright light even now. With him sits his wife, Baria, nightmare goddess and creator of their realm. Daughter of the weaver of dreams, she saw Erevel for what he was and willingly joined him, taking the same corruption into herself. They share a deep bond of devotion to one another, sharing no affection for any other creature, not even their own children. A nexus of power hums gently behind their spiked double throne, ready to obey the will of it’s master and mistress in an instant. Few have ever stood before this throne, and fewer still return.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- There’s No Place Like HeroMachine

Original Character: http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Polychrome

The rebellious daughter of the Rainbow, Polychrome (‘Polly’) eschews the flowing robes and soft colors favored by her sisters. She prefers instead a bolder look inspired by friends she met on one of her adventures on Earth. She often travels to earth on her father’s rainbow, finding more in common with it’s denizens than with her own ethereal kind, though she still wears her father’s myriad colors in tribute to him.

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

So, she visited or viewed Earth along the 60’s to 80’s, huh? Nice one.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Masterworks

I got brave and tried my hand at Cubism. Considering this was my first go at the style, I think it worked out pretty good. Looks just like me, too 😀

Attachments:

Herr D
    Participant

Yeah, nice.

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Big Time

Just a quick entry, I went with Reptisaurus! Here he is, ready to rampage again after the military has tried to destroy him using the mechanical dragon he was in love with. That doesn’t sound completely insane out of context at all :S

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Reptisaurus

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- 300

A topic right up my alley, titled as a reference to a movie I love? How could I not? After much-hair tearing and frustration (mostly due to out-of-order layers and un-masked items upon reloading), she’s done! I’ve posted her before, most recently as ‘Veteran of Many Battles’, but there were some elements of the armor I wanted to change and some things I wanted to add and tweak to really get the image in my head onto the screen. So here she is, finally under her own name, Evera Blade-Wielder! We’ve known one another for a very long time, and in fact she’s one of my oldest, and one of my dearest characters.

Quick bio: Though of Celt and Saxon blood, Evera grew up far from her homeland. She learned the tales of the Greeks moreso than of her own people, and alongside that learned fighting, battle tactics, and to harness her inherent magic. She was shipwrecked in a vicious storm and left with no memory of herself and only the sword on her back. She joined an army of mercenaries led by Ares, the god of war himself, on the strength of her skill. Later, she become the Commander of her unit, the Hydras, and helped to rebuild them after a devastating loss. Never did she expect to catch the eye of Ares himself, but the two became lovers and eventually married after her memories returned. Evera fights in plate and mail and her preferred weapons are sword and shield, though she carries two daggers with her as well. She also proudly wears homages to the Greek legends: a crested helm, a scarlet Spartan cloak, and the lambda painted on her shield, making her a striking figure on the battlefield.

Attachments:

melmo44
    Participant

CDC- Triple Play

Joe Fareville was never supposed to be a villain. He had a normal life: wife, kids, dog, a house in the suburbs and a good job. All his life had been normal too; middle-class upbringing, football scholarship that hadn’t panned out but Joe had been okay with that and went into economics instead. He’d been with his job at a multinational company for many years, when he came into work one day to find the doors locked and federal agents everywhere. The Board of Directors had left, taking everything with them. Despite his experience, Joe couldn’t find another job and soon began to lose everything. He turned bitter, and it led to an acrimonious divorce. Having nothing to lose, he and a number of other ex-employees pooled their resources and bought a derelict ship, making their way to their bosses’ last-known island location. Except the Board were members of a secret cabal, using their money to fund experiments and global destabilization. No one knows what happened, but a year later the governments of the world received an ominous message from Joe Fareville, now called Admiral Death. The cabal was his, he rasped through a black mask, and the governments that had allowed this to happen would pay. All of them would pay.

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

Evera looks great! How did you do the battle damage on her armour? Circle insignias?

And that’s neat usage of the contest items on Admiral Death

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.