DiCicatriz- Mi propia realidad

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery DiCicatriz- Mi propia realidad

This topic contains 691 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by Avatar DiCicatriz 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 692 total)
  • Author
    Jeimuzu
    Jeimuzu
    Participant

Wow, both characters are very cool indeed!  Espejo is such a cool design.  I love everything about it, especially your use of colors.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Thanks, CantDraw and Jeimuzu! Another in the same vein… this is the sister of La Luz: La Tierra (the Earth), Worldbreaker and Protector, Youngest of the Three, the Immovable, etc.

One more sister to come and then I can tell you a bit about them. 🙂

JR19759
    JR19759
    Keymaster

That’s freakin’ mental dude.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

The last sister, and the antagonist of my little Latino-centric universe…

DEATHBRINGER

And now I can tell you a little about the Sisters:

There were three of them, each given dominion over a different aspect of the world. Atlauhtli was the Worldbreaker, commander of the earth itself and a warrior without parallel. Tlahuia was the Lightbearer, bringer of new life and healer of pain. The First of the Three, older than her sisters and more cunning, was Yacalhuia. She was the Deathbringer, purveyor of rot and extinguisher of hope and light. The Sisters existed in balance for a while, aided in their doings by another divine being: Atezcahuia the Protector, god of hunt and the human body. He served all three sisters, but favored his time with Tlahuia. Yacalhuia grew jealous of his affections for her and over several centuries this bitterness boiled over into rage and she moved against her sister. She sent Atlauhtli and Atezcahuia on a complicated errand, and made her move. Her living darkness penetrated the brilliance of Tlahuia’s domain, and though Tlahuia is mighty in her own right, she could not withstand the darkness. By the time Atlauhtli and Atezcahuia returned, her light was almost extinguished. Atezcahuia begged the Worldbreaker to save Tlahuia, and so using his love for the Lightbearer as a catalyst, Atlauhtli changed Atezcahuia into the Reflector. He sacrificed his physical form to become a living mirror for Tlahuia’s light. He embraced her and what little light reflected back on itself over and over until the amplified brilliance burned way Yacalhuia’s shadow. Atlauhtli then merged her form with the planet itself, burying Yacalhuia deep underneath her surface, so deep that the darkness could not escape. Tlahuia was so weakened by her ordeal that she entered a state of hibernation, her once radiant brilliance no more than a soothing glow. Atezcahuia entombed her in a great pyramid, standing guard for the thousands of years it would take her to recover. <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Atlauhtli, in grief for her sisters, sank deep into the earth and was not seen again.</span>

Bonus: Atezcahuia’s original form.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    djuby
    Participant

Stunning work

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Just cobbled together some group shots for my deviantart. I got sick of Photobucket not letting me direct-link to the image file and constraining everything. Group shots of some of my favorite teams: Spectrum, the Chaos Kids, the Brothers (if you look closely you’ll see redesigns of team leader Ikiajik and Q’abarik) and the Saviors. More to come 🙂

DiCicatriz
    Participant

So in cobbling together certain group shots for uploading, I noticed I didn’t like how some of the characters looked anymore or thought of an item that hadn’t been available that would have been perfect for the character, etc. This resulted in redesigns, redesigns, and more redesigns. Here’s a few:

IKIAJIK – Eldest of the Tamay Brothers, blood-drinker and obsidian turner into.

Q’ABARIK – Poisonous, flexibile, knife-happy, 4th oldest of the Tamay Brothers

Attachments:
    DiCicatriz
    Participant

The Mighty were fun to redesign too. I got a little attached to them. I’m a bit sorry that they all have to die. 🙁

MATRIARCH – Multi-deity power wielding Maya women’s/indigenous rights champion.

EVO – Takes any shape he wants, controls his own fluidity/density with a personality to match.

Teuton – Immortal Knight tasked with upholding justice in the world for so long as he can wield his blade. I gave him a high-tech suit of armor, because hey maybe he read a few engineering books over the last couple of centuries and also because it looks cool.

MR. MIGHTY – The All-American poster child for infallible superhuman morals. He was such a good guy.

THRUST – Super speedster. Humanitarian. Really close friends with Matriarch as the only other woman on the team. (Speed effects are a photoshop cheat btw)

MINDWAVE – Youngest team member. Telepath and unpracticed telekinetic with a knack for technology. I at least didn’t kill him. Right away. Or at least not physically…

Attachments:
    ams
    ams
    Participant

So cool!

I know I have probably asked you this before, but do you use photoshop to make your group pics?

DiCicatriz
    Participant

Thanks, ams!

And in answer to your question: I do! I had been using the Preview app (comes with most macs) up until recently, but then I got my new work computer with all the bells and whistles (including photoshop). Photoshop is miles better.

DiCicatriz
    Participant

A quick one for the CDC, since this week’s theme looked like a lot of fun 🙂

EDIT: Weird… upload’s broken. Photobucket it is…

DiCicatriz
    Participant

So… some more redesigns. I just posted the group shot on DeviantArt, but here’s some individual redesigns of my Chosen. Some new names too because I can never just let things be. I was trying to make them look more… I’m not sure… godly? Or at least more reflective of both of their respective patrons.

NTENAN – Plant/Earth goddess Asase Yaa and spider deity Anansi.

FUZAI – Storm god Susanoo and sun goddess Amaterasu, she’s a walking thundercloud

ILIOS – Hermes and Apollo, supersonic flier with a healing aura

Attachments:
    DiCicatriz
    Participant

AKHET – Earth god Geb and sky god Shu. (with a conveniently placed logo so that he abides by forum regulations regarding decency…)

DRENGR – War god Tyr and Heimdall the watcher of the Aesir, perceives the world through All-Sight, literally fearless, wields a rainbow axe forged from a piece of the Bifrost

Attachments:
    DiCicatriz
    Participant

SHALEH – Zoroastrian tag-team of Atar and Mithra.

RAKTA – Hindu destroyer/death deities Shiva and Kali.

Attachments:
    Nug
    Participant

I was checking these out on DA. I especially like the Drengr character! I think its cool you’re showing some love to the War Gods with disabilities.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 692 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.