Anarchangel’s Archive

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Anarchangel’s Archive

Viewing 15 posts - 1,021 through 1,035 (of 1,638 total)
  • Author

Anarchangel
    Participant

Just some new duds for Mercury, of the Mortal Gods.

Mercury

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

My redesign of The Mortal Gods continues with Artemis.

Now bear with me a minute while I explain some things about this character and my thought process in general.

I often create a character based on how they would look/work in either a movie/tv show or a video game. Artemis for example, has the cape esque tail things hanging behind her legs. Now I’ve always thought capes would kind of get in the way during combat but while creating Artemis I was kind of struck by a mental image of her spinning around and kicking all manner of crap out of her opponents. I figure these almost coat tail type things would create a nice visual effect as she moved but wouldn’t get in the way like a cape would because they hang from her belt and therefore move with the lower half of the body.

The grapple gun I thought would be a nice way of getting around but I could also see it being used as a weapon to draw her enemies in closer, much like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat.

And so ends my ramble about nothing important. If you’re still reading this, well done. Have a cookie. 🙂

“Get over here!” – Artemis.

Attachments:

Lef
    Participant

Thanks for the cookie man 😉 Artemis is awesome !

Anarchangel
    Participant

One more Mortal God for now. The Sun god, Apollo.

Apollo holds a special place in my heart as he was the second character created for my universe, right after Dragonfly.

Apollo

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

This guy originated in a really weird dream I had where he fought Starborn….Starborn hit him with a stuffed animal.

Anyway, I liked him so much I did this.

How do I describe this character?…Oh I know. If Hulk and Wolverine somehow had a Japanese love child…

Kano

Attachments:

Stulte
    Participant

If Hulk and Wolverine somehow had a Japanese love child

I can get behind that… mostly because I don’t wanna end up in front of him.

Anarchangel
    Participant

My original design for Red Star, created years ago, was all kinds of awful. Seriously, all the kinds. So I chucked her to the back of my gallery and tried to forget all about her. But she was always there, right between Red Devil and Rhapsody, taunting me like “You’re bad at this, Gabe.”

So I just had to make her a new costume, if only to stop the voices in my head mocking me…..Anywho, here’s Red Star. 🙂

Red Star

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

I realize I’m following Red Star with Red Fang but that’s entirely coincidental. The character’s aren’t related in any way.

Red Fang was once The Hunter’s greatest student and she learned much from the master martial artist. When she literally and figuratively stabbed her mentor in the back, the Hunter was taken completely by surprise. Red Fang finally showed her true colours as a master manipulator, motivated almost entirely by money. She now puts her skills to use as a highly paid mercenary and assassin.

The Hunter considers Red Fang his greatest failure and it is a great sense of shame to him that she uses the skills he taught her to kill others and he now takes it upon himself to stop her activities wherever possible. The master martial artists greatest student has become his greatest enemy.

….Cliche heavy story over.

Red Fang

Attachments:

Vengeance
    Participant

loving everything I see here

Anarchangel
    Participant

Like Adrenaline & Xian before him. Invictus (Latin for “invincible”) is another character from my old roleplaying days reborn. Back in the day, this guy came very close to knocking Adrenaline off the top spot on my list of favourite characters but his rp ended up relatively short compared to Adrenaline’s so he kind of faded away while Adrenaline was running around in my head for years.

Invictus possesses a number of magical swords including the legendary Excalibur and, if you believe the rumours, he’s a descendant of King Arthur.

Starting out as the protege of a legendary hero, Invictus was named in a prophecy as “The great hero” who was supposedly destined to save the world from “The great destroyer”. The great destroyer was later revealed to be Invictus’ own half-brother, who not only murdered their father and mentor but also Invictus’ boyfriend, the hero known as American Eagle. A final confrontation between the two brothers (and Invictus’ teammates) ended when Invictus plunged a sword through his brothers chest.

In the immediate fallout from these events, Invictus was thought to have died. He reappeared almost a year later as the vigilante known as the Hunter (no relation to the current Hunter). This was a particularly dark period in his life and his downward spiral threatened to destroy him. But ultimately, with the help of his friends and an adventure through time where he ended up fighting alongside his seemingly timeless father during world war 2, Invictus emerged from the darkness and grew to become one of the worlds greatest heroes.

Earning the title of “the lightbringer” for his quest to rid the world of evil and injustice in whatever form it takes, Invictus has become a shining beacon of hope in an increasingly dark world.

“Light up the darkness” – Invictus.

Attachments:

Vampyrist
    Participant

He’s cool as is his story, which you are seriously good at making by the way.

Anarchangel
    Participant

I should start by saying that this character does not belong to me but is rather my interpretation of a character created by former Heromachiner SongBird who I have unfortunately lost contact with but I’m 95.47% sure Song would be OK with me posting this. Why, you may ask, am I posting this character if she’s not my own? Well Bullet Witch was one of Invictus team-mates back in the role playing game I mentioned when I posted him. She was also arguably his best friend…Although she did shoot him when he told her he was gay…Long story. She wasn’t herself.

I actually had no intention of creating this character when I started out on this image. I was trying to create my own character named Roulette, who had an entirely different backstory (she was going to be involved with The Keeper) but about half way through the creation process I realized that Roulette bore a striking resemblance to Bullet Witch and just ran with it. Maybe I was subconsciously thinking of her since I had just finished Invictus. Who knows. Either way, I like it. And Song, if by some miracle you see this, I hope you like it too. 🙂

Roulette – Bullet Witch

Attachments:

Vengeance
    Participant

good stuff a s usual really like Apollo and Mercury

Anarchangel
    Participant

So I was messing around and this happened.

Silverback. A gorilla with a jetpack….What more explanation does it need.

Silverback

Attachments:

Anarchangel
    Participant

The prevailing theory about Abominable is that he was once the rookie hero known as Cobalt who stumbled across a curse which turned him into his current form, though it’s difficult to be 100% sure. It’s all but impossible to get any kind of sensible information from Abominable. He is grouchy and violent but seems to have retained elements of his human personality and knows the difference between good and evil. He seems to have more or less retained his heroic tendencies and now protects Canada’s northern regions from any threat they face.

Alright, I admit it. This guy was supposed to be much less adorable than he ended up but now he kind of looks like Beast and I like it.

Abominal

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1,021 through 1,035 (of 1,638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.