Welcome to the new HeroMachine. We know it pretty much looks the same, but we’ve rebuilt the internals of our site from the ground up, including enabling new forums with all the old content imported.
The site is running a lot faster than before, and should be far more stable.
However, there will undoubtedly be bugs. Things to watch out for:
- Your user login may have disappeared. We had to clear out a ton of spam users. If we caught you by accident in the sweep, we’re sorry. Send me a message via the contact form with your username, and I’ll do what I can to re-enable your account.
- Your password may not work. Reset it.
- You may find threads in the forum claiming they were starting by some strange, mysterious figure called “hmadmin.” The import process wasn’t perfect — pulling in 40,000+ messages took a little over eight hours of processing time by our server, and some stuff was bound to be missed.
- You may find missing images. Please report them to us via the contact form.
- To combat the onslaught of spammers (I literally had two register while I was putting the site back up within minutes of each other), we’ve enabled a CAPTCHA on registration. It seems to work fine; let us know if you have any issues logging in or registering.
- Please report any other bugs or performance issues on this post as a comment, or use the contact form.
We really appreciate everybody’s patience while we upgraded the site, and we hope you all enjoy the shiny new code that’s running it.