Your character design challenge for this week is to come up with an image with HeroMachine based on the idea of the Zodiac sign "Ares". To help you out, here's a bit on the history of the name from Wikipedia:
the first astrological sign in the Zodiac, named for the constellation of Aries, called "The Ram" in Hellenistic tradition, after the golden ram that rescued Phrixos, taking him to the land of Colchis. Aries is ruled by the planet Mars.
As closely associated with Mars as it is, and since they're homonyms, you should feel free to take this in the direction of "Ares, Greek god of War" if you like. I think they're close enough to warrant something like that. Or maybe you prefer to do something related to a ram, or you could go in a totally different direction like making A.R.I.E.S. or R.A.M. an acronym for a mech or whatnot. Definitely let your imagination go; "Aries" is just a starting point.
The contest rules are the same as usual:
- Use only a HeroMachine applet (no PhotoShopping except for basic cropping) to create a PNG or JPG of your entry, named as [your name]-[character name].[file extension]. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his "Bayou Belle" character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Post the image to a publicly accessible website (ImageShack, PhotoBucket, the UGO Forums, etc.).
- Enter the name of your entry and a link directly to the image in a comment to this post. The image cannot have been used in any previous HeroMachine character design contest.
- The link to your image should go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). If you see "preview" or "rotate" somewhere in the link you're probably doing it wrong.
- I'll choose a winner next Monday, who will receive his or her choice of any item or a portrait to be included in the final HeroMachine 3 program, or a "Sketch of the Week" style black and white illustration (you pick the subject and I draw it up however I like).
No limit on entries this week, so knock yourselves out. Good luck everyone!