This week's "Power User Profile" features frequent commenter and contest winner Me, Myself, and I!
- A photo (or drawing) of you in "real life":
I don’t have any good recent pictures (since before I lost 60 pounds a year ago) so I thought that an HM3 image would work as well any other.
- Online name used in HeroMachine environs: Me, Myself, and I
- Real name: Richard
- Real city/state/country: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Real job: For the next year I will have two. As the Inventory & Logistics Controller for a National Truck Upfitter and as a soon to be owner of a Financial Planning company.
- Real age: 36
- Gender: Male
- Married/single:Married for almost 12 years.
- Online archive of your creations (if any): None.
- The best piece of HeroMachine art you've created: This was a very difficult question to answer because I like (or dislike) many images for different reasons. Depending on my perspective and criteria at any given moment my best HM art changes. In the end I went with this video, not because I think its my best actual art, but because it best met the goal I set out for myself which was to accurately display a manifestation of one of my character's divinely illuminated tattoo's. That and until this point, I've never actually seen anyone do something like this on HM. In a crowd as creative as the HM community it is rare indeed to do something that hasn't been done before (at least to my knowledge) so I was pleased to have done so.
- Favorite all-time geeky movie if any: Lord of the Rings (all three in one long marathon)
- Favorite all-time geeky book if any: Harry Potter. I read the whole series to my daughter. I'm not sure if it's my favorite because of the book itself or because of the quality time sharing it with my daughter.
- Favorite all-time geeky TV show if any: Highlander (liked it way better than the movies)
- Favorite all-time comic book character: Spiderman
- If you could have one super-heroic power in real life, you'd choose:Telepathy (like Professor Xavier).
- In your leisure time you like to: Role Playing, visiting with my children (that with two jobs doesn’t allow much time for sleep.)
- Character design turn-ons (things you love to see that make for a good design): I really appreciate attention to detail. I also like really dynamic colors and contrast.
- Character design turn-offs (things you hate to see that make for a bad design): Lack of attention to detail. For example, I have seen some creations on HM3 that would have been really great and the only thing wrong was the thumb is backwards. I have trouble distracting myself from those small details.
- Best tip for a HeroMachine newbie: Try everything; playing with every control. Try masking all kinds of objects and shapes. Most of all, be patient.
- Any personal message you'd like to share with the HeroMachine community about Geek Life: We are all here because we find it rewarding in some way or another. Our reasons are many and varied. Some of us just want to discuss our hobby while others want to improve their artistic skills, etc. Be tolerant of the ideas of others and their skill levels. Try to keep your critiques constructive and listen to others critiques to help you develop your skills. Most of all, patience is certainly a virtue here.