Apparently I am on a sidekick kick, because your character design contest for this week is to create a sidekick for some well-established, but currently solo, character! You can pick any character you like, so long as they don't currently have a sidekick and so long as your attempt is not a re-do of some other previously existing creation. In other words, you can't re-make Robin, since there's already a Robin, and you can't make a new sidekick for Batman called Aquaman who swims around and talks to fish.
The contest will run for one week, with the winner announced next Tuesday. The person with the best design will win the option of having either their caricature or any one item of their choosing included with the final HeroMachine 3 product. Everlasting fame, how sweet is that?!
- You can enter as many times as you want, but to be eligible, you must leave your entry as a comment to this post, and include a link to view the image on a public web server somewhere (i.e. ImageShack.com, PhotoBucket.com, the UGO Forums, etc.).
- Each entry must give what current character your creation goes with.
- No PhotoShopping or other image manipulation allowed with the exception of basic cropping.
- You must use some version of HeroMachine for your image.
Just to get the ball rolling, here are a few off-the-top-of-my-head ideas:
- Krypto-Kid (Superman), a young boy of Superman-like abilities, origin unknown;
- Shieldmaiden (Wonder Woman), a young Amazon kicked off of Paradise Island for being too warlike, sent to apprentice with Diana in hopes that her more warlike nature can be curbed.
- Bot! (Zot!), a hyper-enthusiastic robot slavishly devoted to Zot who hopes to proselytize the Way of the Robot to all meat-shields, converting them to the cybernetic lifestyle.
In other words, part of the fun is figuring out why a given character would have a sidekick now, after all this time, and how their new compatriot would fit into the main narrative.
Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see what you come up with!