Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Another great character, it’s really cool seeing the character with and without their costumes.

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

I love all of these Institute stories, they’re inspired Laugh
    But i can’t help but imagine a bald man in a wheelchair rolling through it’s corridors =P

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks and speaking of principals, here is the Institute’s man in charge, Domonic Forman.

Domonic-Foreman-I.png

Domonic can manipulate electricity and use it to fly and supercharge his body with superstrength. He can also fling bolts of electricity and manipulate magnetic fields to levitate objects. He was known as the mighty Jupiter before he retired and became the head of the Institute.

Jupiter.png

Jupiter-white.png

Is he better in purple or white?

Maaz
    Participant

I think it’s better in Purple- the White makes him too bright, and the contrast with Purple is much better.

Lightningsword
    Participant

The purple looks MUCH better.

FRM

i think purple, but i do like the whit. maybe on special occasions…

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks for the input guys, so purple is the way to go.

Now here are two contest entries. My villain Mordred who is a modernized supervillain who is the hero Excalibur’s arch nemesis. I liked him the way he was, so he is being entered as is.

Vampyrist-Mordred.png

And second is a character I’ve made before. He is a personal favorite literary character, Frankenstein’s creation. It is Victor’s abandonment and abuse that leads to the monster. “If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear”.

Vampyrist-Frankensteinscreation.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Ray Walker, a former student who can create forcefields. Ray not only has his mutant gift, he also has a gift of brilliance. He tried it out as the hero Safeguard for a while, but he eventually decided to try to do more good in another way. Ray is a leading scientist in the field of advanced engineering (Reed Richards like stuff) and he hopes to use his brain to help others.

Ray-Walker.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Sarah McMillan is another graduate of the Institute. She uses her ability to teleport as the hero Scram. She was always a more tomboyish type, preferring to play a game rather than go to the mall. Sarah was also part of Jesse’s team and his group of friends. She, like other alumni, often comes back to the Institute to help new students.

Scram-I.png

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Cool costume! I really like all the padding on her pant legs.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks and she needs them. When she teleports, the momentum she had before teleporting doesn’t go completely away. The pads help lessen the impact of more high speed teleportations.

Here is my take on Aladdin for the contest. I see the lamp, or in this case bottle, being enchanted. When he is touching it, he can release his soul from his body and his soul manifests itself as a fiery Djinn.

Vampyrist-Aladdin.png

Nug
    Participant

Wow! Awesome Job! The background… Aladdin… The Genie… Its all really well done!

Maaz
    Participant

Love how you made the monster. I hate it when people call HIM Frankestine and imagine him with an angular head, bolts in his neck and green skin. I think this is perhaps the best take on him I’ve seen yet…

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks! Maaz, I don’t actually dislike Karloff’s monster, I more just hate how no film so far has done the character justice. He does not have the mind of a child, but the mind of a genius.

Here is Eric Hayes, a student who can duplicate himself. His duplicates are formed with kinetic energy that Eric absorbs. When he came to the Institute, he was a shy kid. Doing well in classes, but sticking to himself. His training and heroics made him come out of his shell. He has since graduated. Eric works at the Institute as one of its combat instructors. He usually acts as the “enemy”, making hoards and hoards of enemies for the students to fight. When he is not teaching these young ones, he is out heroing as Dupe.

Dupe.png

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Another cool character, great name and I really like how he uses his power to help others train.

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.