Trekkie’s World

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Trekkie’s World

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 436 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

I like their outfits!

Trekkie
    Participant

Thanks, Linea!

Jeimuzu
    Participant

@Linea24 said:

I like their outfits!

I agree with Linea, I’m really digging the Airship uniforms.

Trekkie
    Participant

Thank you! They’re good fun to work on.

Trekkie
    Participant

And we’re back to our irregularly unscheduled creation posting

I’ve recently started watching westerns, and in the time the forums were down I watched an awful lot of them. And I got inspired, and came up with this:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anarchangel
    Participant

Oh I love westerns but haven’t seen one in so long. This character looks like she’d be great in a movie. Really nice work. 🙂

Trekkie
    Participant

Thanks Anarch!

I started out with The Magnificent Seven, then some John Wayne ones, two thirds of the Dollars Trilogy and a few others. The number of westerns I have is starting to rival the number of war movies

Trekkie
    Participant

Guess who’s still on a western kick?

Attachments:

Stulte
    Participant

Great posing, there!

I tried something similar a while back, but couldn’t get it right. You, however, have pulled it off pretty much perfectly.

Trekkie
    Participant

Thanks Stulte!

RobM
    Participant

Trekkie, I agree with Stulte re: Gunslinger’s pose. Very natural. Also nice to see a character who represents an under-appreciated historical reality of the Old West – lots more people of color on the range than pop culture would lead us believe.

@Stulte
    , I actually find it easier to pose naturally using clothes pieces than with body pieces. Sometimes I use Body pieces as a frame for the clothes, but sometimes I skip them altogether.

Trekkie
    Participant

@RobM: Yeah, the Hollywood version of the Old West is rather more white than it was in reality (for example, there were quite a number of black and Mexican cowboys). So while I was creating the character I figured, why not make a black gunslinger?

I usually create the basic pose using body items, then put the clothes on top which usually works to cover up awkward joins (especially at the shoulders). Had to do a lot of masking to get the shirt to fit right, though.

Stulte
    Participant

@ RobM

Oh, I agree with that. I very rarely set up the entire body before adding clothes.
    @ Trekkie

Well, it looks great 🙂

Trekkie
    Participant

Just reposting this character with the correct name for the contest on the blog before I forget:

Attachments:

Trekkie
    Participant

Where were we?

Anyway, I’ve actually made something for a challenge!

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 436 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.