RobM’s Machine Works

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery RobM’s Machine Works

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 416 total)
  • Author

RobM
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:

Those “Sentinels” covers… mind officially blown!

Thanks. Although the original illustrations weren’t necessarily intended to hold together thematically (for example, issue 213 was originally meant as a subtle allusion to a certain bottled city kept in a certain superhero’s fortress of something-or-other), after a while I started to see how they “fit” with each other and decided to do a little wish fulfillment experiment.

I feel I need to offer a disclaimer though – while all of the illustrations were done with HeroMachine, I added the barcodes, comics code seal, and some text in Photoshop.

RobM
    Participant

Gorilla-Assault-copy.png

Legatus
    Participant

Grrrrrrrrrrreat!

Cool gorilla assault! I like it.

RobM
    Participant

I’m not sure which color approach I like better; leaning toward the second one without black outlines.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/robm/2013/01/Reprisal-at-Maar-Lake-Citadel.png
    Reprisal-at-Maar-Lake-Citadel-2-2.png

Suleman
    Participant

Would it be possible to mix them up a bit? The lower picture is clearer , but the details on the character become a bit muddled. Maybe deepen the outlines on the character, even just slightly? Especially the boots and the hat don’t look quite as nice.

Both are excellent pictures, though.

RobM
    Participant

I see what you mean. Thanks.

RobM
    Participant

Given Suleman’s comments, I rethought the character’s coloring and did a “camouflage” version. Now in my head, it’s a chameleon suit that automatically adapts to its surroundings. Perfect for a little “B&E” and revenge, of course. There’s always revenge.

Reprisal-at-Maar-Lake-Citadel-3.png

Suleman
    Participant

That’s neat!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

I like all the versions. The biggest kick that I get is that you included a gate on the castle. That’s detail!

RobM
    Participant

Thanks, guys.

RobM
    Participant

Speeder.png

son4
    Participant

That Air Car is tight !!! good job man

RobM
    Participant

Thanks

RobM
    Participant

My entries for Character Contest #H08 “Atlantis Revealed”
    RobM-tentacled-Atlantean.png

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 416 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.