ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges ONE PART, MANY CHARACTERS contest……

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 829 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant

We only get a week and it is already halfway gone. And I still have to finish a book, write essays on said book, and then write down every formula we’ve learned in Calculus. The latter half of my break is going to be work-heavy, but at least we get a new Who.

Herr D
    Participant

**foot as wing, ear as head, wing as talon.

This is a predator from the binary system GL450926. Their planetoid belt is not a belt, per se, because the freakish orbit is in an ellipse approximately equidistant from both suns on a constant basis. The result is that the planetoids never get more than a standard M-class planetary diameter apart. So this shattered planet just keeps orbiting, and more than ninety percent of it’s mass can keep a minimal atmosphere. Nothing roosts for long, because if it does, it either revolves with the planetoid it’s on to the wrong sunside and chars or tumbles with the planetoid to the parts of the atmosphere that freeze solid. Most of them can carry their young to another planetoid or bury them deep enough that the volcanic activity can maintain them. Naturalists’ tags have essentially proven that good timing is not an inheritable trait.
    Tourists usually call these predators ‘scarbirds’ because they constantly tear furrows to sharpen their talons.

Uh. I can inform you that luggage is NOT sturdy enough to survive them.

The prey are Bloogeyfubbers, essentially the local equivalent of fruitbats. Of course, the fruit (Tradsh) crawls, and it’s vines are like razor wire–so by extension, everyone should understand that all tourists were required to demonstrate proficiency with armored spacesuits and chemical repulsors.

I only went back outside to get the remains of the luggage I dropped between shuttles.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/HerrD-Scarbird_zps2a82ec24.png

prswirve
    Participant

Wow holidays in Kairula sure are fun!

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m back. As the only entrant, Herr D is the uncontested winner. Away you go! :D

Herr D
    Participant

Yikes. Away we go! Shield, sleeve, belt buckle depicted: hm3-beta3.png

Luc

Haven’t entered any contests in awhile. Somehow this item combo inspired me though, so here we go.

Cooka.png

Herr D
    Participant

Traditionally, we always tried to give a full week for this contest to run, and traditionally, we almost always had the deadline on the midnight between Saturday and Sunday EST. Now that there is an obvious conflict between the two, I feel that we should wait till that standard deadline just in case this will BE a contest rather than another single-entrant recognition. So if there are no objections, that’s what we’ll do.

prswirve
    Participant

Reminds me of a game i played on my PSP..

Herr D
    Participant

Luc! Your kooky Cooka has won! He looks like he just offered somebody a hot tub session before dinner and started chopping veggies into the water. Neat. Also pleased with your item use. “Hey, is that tarragon? That’s not a bath salt–what gives?”

I look forward to your choice of three items. Sorry for getting back so late. Even my errands were errant.

Luc

Alrighty, here’s the next set of items! They can be found in Neckwear-Standard (last page), Tops-FemaleBustiers (last page), and Companion-Dinosaurs (first page). Good luck!

ContestParts2.png

prswirve
    Participant

ok here we go!dinobot-1.png

Herr D
    Participant

Just a couple out celebrating the anniversary of their first play-hunt. With another play-hunt.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u438/jamais5/2013hm/HerrD-JustMaimed_zps27f23709.png

Hey, the little things can make all the difference in a romance.

Luc

Alrighty, its been a week so I should probably be declaring a winner now! And that winner is… prswirve! It was a tough decision since both creations were really clever (Particularly the use of the wire-y neckpiece as a basket in Herr D’s, I never would have thought of that), but in the end it’s the hilarious expression on the dinobot that won me over. So, go ahead and pick the next three items, prswirve.

prswirve
    Participant

Yeey! Thanks.

Here’s my three…3_items-1.png

Herr D
    Participant

Congrats to prs; thx to Luc for the compliment!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 829 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.