My new Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My new Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 299 total)
  • Author

Weilyn

Pretty darned cool! Highlighting doesn’t take very long to get a hang of. It’s a neat technique.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, prs and Weilyn. I find highlighting in itself is not too difficult. It’s using it tastefully that I need to practice. To gain a more artistic eye with relation to imagining where the light would be coming from, angle it hits the body, where would be shadows as opposed to reflections, etc.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

OK, I’m getting pretty ambitious here! Experimenting with an angled body and recreating from looking at the original image, (I have no choice; I didn’t save the text and lost the save when I reset my history). I’ll take all the advice I can get here on this. Especially on how to bring depth to an angled bustline. Moonstar W.I.P. work-in-prigress.pngMOONSTAR-HM3-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Watched an old school kung fu movie last night, “The New One Armed Swordsman” released as “Triple Irons” here in the US. When I get better at this I want to redo it because the scene that inspired this had a lot more bodies on the ground! Also, I wanted to have some blood splatters but couldn’t find anything to give me that look. I’ve seen other people’s work with blood splatters. Where can I find that item? Here’s my One Armed Swordsman.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/ONE-ARMED-SWORDSMAN.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/SWORDSMAN-CLSE-UP.pnghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/CLSE-UP-2-SWORDSMAN.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Go to Tops > Zombie. You will find some blood-spattered shirts there. Set the Colors 1 and 3 to 0% and 2 to red. Stretch, mask, shade, etc.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, Atomic!

Herr D
    Participant

Once you have a lot of spatter in a scene, you might add spatter by coloring the last several items in MaleFace, stubble from FacialHair, rubble from Backgrounds, and add drippage and seepage by using various random shapes like translucent clouds, etc.

As to the 3d effect of breasts, all you can really do is put shadow from one on the other unless you highlight them unevenly–and that sounds hard to get right.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Atomic Punk, I looked but didn’t see any blood splattered shirts in Tops>Zombies. Herr D, I’ll try your suggestions.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

@Herr D said:

Once you have a lot of spatter in a scene, you might add spatter by coloring the last several items in MaleFace, stubble from FacialHair, rubble from Backgrounds, and add drippage and seepage by using various random shapes like translucent clouds, etc.

As to the 3d effect of breasts, all you can really do is put shadow from one on the other unless you highlight them unevenly–and that sounds hard to get right.

Herr D, your suggestion of using facial hair stubble and backgounds worked fine. I need to practise to make it more natural looking now.bloody-sword.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

Atomic Punk, I looked but didn’t see any blood splattered shirts in Tops>Zombies. Herr D, I’ll try your suggestions.

Here you go.AtomicPunk-Bloodspatters.png

Bloodspatters
    Sun Feb 24 07:29:15 GMT-0600 2013

0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff
    0xffffff

TopsZombie4
    1 228.4
    Tops
    Zombie 4 1 1 1 31

TopsZombie4
    1 228.4
    Tops
    Zombie 4 0 1 0 32

TopsZombie10
    1 228.4
    Tops
    Zombie 10 0 1 0 33

TopsZombie10
    1 228.4
    Tops
    Zombie 10 1 1 1 34

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks again, Atomic. That actually looks more natural like I want. I’ll give it a try.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

This is a HM3 rendering of a fighter I created in Soul Calibur 3, Lady Mona. I include a picture of her from the game to compare. I had to improvise on the boots.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/Photo-on-2013-02-24-at-17.52.jpghttp://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/02/LADY-MONA-CLSE-UP.pngLADY-MONA.png

prswirve
    Participant

nice golden boots…

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Thanks, prs. I couldn’t find anything to really match the look of the boots on the game character so I had to make some. Here’s another random Amazon with a hapless victim. I did some practice with blood splatters. Thanks again, Atomic Punk and Herr D.KILL-THEM-.pngKILL-THEM-CLSE-UP.pngKILL-NO-HELMET.png

prswirve
    Participant

you got her in a bloody mess…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.