My new Creations

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My new Creations

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 299 total)
  • Author

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

One of the portraits for a Facebook friend redone.Morton-wtankard-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Two new enemies for Amy Atom. Half-Life is possibly her most powerful enemy. Madame Curie claims to be the great-great granddaughter of Marie Curie, pioneering radiologist. The suit and mask are to hide her disfigurement from radiation poisoning.HALF-LIFE2.pngM.-CURIE.png

Herr D
    Participant

hey, as to post #236? Not having seen the friend, I couldn’t rate your work, but it looks more feminine than a lot of attractive women I’ve met. M- and F- ‘inity’ are as difficult to portray and perceive as orientation anyway, because of all the cultural nonsense involved. A surprising number of people make wrong guesses about me and mine and aren’t interested in the truth on top of that. (The DC area has so much self-absorption that it’s practically an inside-out sponge.) Hopefully this finds you with your friend’s offense having worn off and good feeling all around. And nice work on the enemized companions.

Keric
    Participant

@WMDBASSPLAYER said:

This friend is a trans-gender female and she said she was offended by the portrait. She has a very negative self image because she is a little overweight. She said she thinks the picture looks masculine and that she felt I was making fun of her. I copied from a picture of her and tried my best to match it with my level of Hero Machine skills and all I wanted to do was put a smile on my friend’s face.http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/11/Guitar-girl.png

If I were going to try to change it, I’d try 1) putting the guitar on a stand~ still in the picture but not dominating it. 2) change the outfit- get rid of the coat or over shirt it hides so much! and 3) I’d switch the arm to the smaller one and mask in the elbow.
    I don’t know if any of that will turn out any “better” than what you have now, but best of luck if you choose to try it!

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Herr D, she’s a beautiful person, when she’s not feeling bummed out from all the negativity she gets from assholes. She’s also a helluva guitar player, one of the best I’ve ever worked with. She realizes that she has a negative self image and is working on it. She’s more attractive than she gives herself credit for, but she has gained weight since the pic I copied from. She’s no longer mad about the pic and realizes my effort came from the heart. Your words are greatly appreciated. @Keric: while I did take some liberties considering some parts of the pic and my HM skill level, I tried to recreate the picture as faithfully as possible. I appreciate the input, though. I don’t know if I’ll redo it, but if I do, I’ll seek her approval before posting the finished product. Happy New Year to you both! So that you can get a better idea, here is my friend in the picture I used as the model.she-rocks.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Also, Herr D, thanks regarding the companions. I purposely keep the radioactivity theme going. The idea of Half-Life was I imagined a radioactive Hulk, with the rage and mindless destruction of the Green Hulk and the intelligence and cunning of the Gray Hulk. Madame Curie was just for the sake of giving her a female enemy and I thought the connection to a real historical figure would be a nice twist. Oddly enough her arch nemesis, The One Armed Bandit is the only one with no super powers or any radiation effects.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Just something I put together this morning.horsewoman.png

Herr D
    Participant

Y-yeah. With the mike in her face and the odd angle I can’t find any fault in your representation at all. My recent research tells me that a longer, thinner neck is considered more fem. The rest would be you not being used to depicting a real person. Humans are difficult creatures to match. All those odd curves and angles. You might practice the nuances as study for your future work anyway. I’m gonna go work on another monster now. Laugh

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Herr D, not counting my 2 self portraits, I did 7 pictures for friends and aquaintances. She is the only one who didn’t like their’s. I might try another one with her present. She has made self portrait game avatars that are very accurate, so maybe including her in the process will bring a result she is happy with. As always, thanks for the input. Meanwhile, here are two new characters I did. I put them here because I don’t know yet if I want to put them in my universe. I had the idea of a pair of time displaced Civil War era vets. Here are Buffalo Soldier and Scout. Buffalo-Soldier.pngScout.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Cool characters. Cool

Keric
    Participant

Good job on the soldiers! Smile

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Here’s another portrait I did for a Facebook friend. I call this “Jennifer’s Forest.” She’s a big animal lover.Jennifers-Forest.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

M. Curie, enemy of Amy Atom. A high tech terrorist who threatens the US government with nuclear destruction.M.-CURIE.pngM.-CURIE2.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

My best self portrait yet, I think.WMDBP-self.pngWMDBP-hdsht.png

mattisagamer
    Participant

Awesome self portrait WMD!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 299 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.