My HM3 stuff

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery My HM3 stuff

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Legatus
    Participant

The Progenitors are great. Totally b’dazz!

darkvatican

Well well, so Legatus lives, eh? ^_^

Thanks for the compliments, all.

Legatus
    Participant

Just barely…

darkvatican

Well, I’ve been trying to work on gradient lighting effects (that is the term, right?) while also putting together the first of a three-stage character progression.  here’s the first one with a default pose. Tell me how the lighting works and if you know see how to make it better, please!

This character’s name is Kezron. He was a character I created (with help) for a game I had with my older brother (the issuer of the progenitor challenge pics). Kezron was originally a mighty warrior, champion of the people, and a noble paladin. Kezron was unmatched in martial skill and his honor was likewise without equal. He died hundreds of years before our game took place. Our antagonists were facing an enemy with many lieutenants, one of which was a necromancer. The necromancer raided Kezron’s tomb and raised Kezron as a death knight, giving him an unusually strong sense of self, in an effort to make use of the hero’s legendary tenacity, skills, and powers. Kezron faced the heroes numerous times, often times bringing them to the very edge of defeat, but Kezron was unable to defeat them outright. Each time Kezron was defeated, the necromancer would give Kezron more and more free will, to better enable the death knight to make use of more of mortal Kezron’s more advanced techniques and tactics. This eventually led to Kezron gaining enough free will that he was offended by the dark task to which he was bound and he rebelled against the compulsion that the necromancer used to bind kezron to his task.

In addition to gaining more free will, each time Kezron was summoned more thoroughly into the physical world, he gained more powers and his appearance would change to reflect his more corporeal undead nature.

Kezron, stage one

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

I’m excited to see stages two and three! The concept is cool, and I like the design. I think you pulled off what you’re going for.

If I were exploring a crypt or tomb, when suddenly my torch goes out and his eyes light up out of the darkness… Looks great, dude. I’m afraid I don’t have much in the way of advice, other than; keep going!

Vengeance
    Participant

Good pic Good shading, lighting good back story concept

darkvatican

So, I finally had a chance to work on Kezron’s second stage appearance. Tell me what you think!

Kezron, stage two

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Very nice; cool design.

I’d like to see the head and shoulders in the shadows a bit more like the legs, just so those eyes really stand out. But that’s my only criticism! 😀

darkvatican

Thank you, Mr. Vaudeville!

Kezron, stage two (shading corrected)

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Perfect! The edit makes the image much more convincing for me, especially considering the black background. I feel bad for causing you extra effort. 😛

You could definitely have left the original image alone and gotten away with it – as there’s nothing wrong with it at all – but I feel the edit gives a much more ‘realistic’ impression of him emerging from the shadows; makes the sword look extra awesome as the primary light source; and makes the eyes look more menacing, as I’d hoped.
    I’d even say that it makes his skin colour/face look creepier, too.

Great job, dude.

Herr D
    Participant

The stages in sequence are their own effect. Well done.

darkvatican

Thank you, Mr. Vaudeville and Herr D. I’m working on the third stage, now. I hope to get it done by next weekend or shortly thereafter. It takes me a bit!

darkvatican

Kezron, Stage Three

Okay, I have mixed feelings about this pic, but I’ve been working on it for a while, so I feel I should just post it. X-P Tell me what you think!

Vengeance
    Participant

Kezron HHHUUUMMM good design I think the black /grey lines with the dash of red really work well

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.