Multiple characters positioning and scaling

Home Forums HeroMachine Application & Forum Support Multiple characters positioning and scaling

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Raymond

1)I experienced a strange behaviour of HeroMachine3alpha in scaling (x&y interlocked) in “All Items” mode: it scales x-axis only..
    2)I’m trying to merge multiple characters (previously saved as .txt), but I cannot get rid of scaling and positioning.. well sometimes it works fine, for example a bigger man and a smaller woman, one on the left and the other one on the right. But sometime it loads each character over the same x-y axis..

Maybe in next versions I think it will help including a multiple selection of items (i.e. by mean of layers.. or multiple shifteddrag-n-drops)…

Thanks for any suggestions!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Willkommen, Raymond!

1) Try manually scaling “All Items” by entering the x-y values rather than dragging along the grid.

2) Wish I had a ready example for you. I’m better at showing than explaining, but I will try. The results are not guaranteed, but should point you in the right direction.

What I do is create the main character then save to text first. This will be your “main anchor.” The scale and position of items are all based around the first Head that is placed in the default position.

So you have the original character saved as text. When you create the second character, make sure to include a “small anchor” Head in 100% scale in its default position as the very first Item. For this anchor, I typically use a Winner Head. One that is not going to be part of the final design. You will have multiple Head items. The “small anchor” and whatever head that you scale and move for the second character. Naturally, save the second character as text.

Reload HeroMachine (Refresh your browser). Load the main character. Then load the second with “Keep current Items” option. Because of the second character’s “small anchor” head, the position and scaling should be as you had them in the original.

Some HMers create the characters separately then export them as GIFs with transparent backgrounds. They create the background separately and export it. Then they combine all three pieces in another image editor (for example, Photoshop). This is quicker and easier. However, if you decide to enter the design in a Character Contest, this technique might disqualify an entry. Limited use of picture cropping and zooming are often acceptable. Using another program to layer is strongly discouraged.

Hope this helps!

Raymond

Thanks a lot Atomic Punk! I didn’t know what the anchor item was, but now you told me that and my tries gone straight!
    In some cases I already did what you told, about using external editing programs.. but this was something I considered as a last chance option… I’ll be much more happy if I was able to do these manouvres on Heromachine3 directly.. Laugh
    Anyway, I’m still hoping that in future releases some “selective” scaling and/or positioning functions will be implemented.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.