Mr. Vaudeville's Gallery

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Mr. Vaudeville's Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)
  • Author

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Notes: the Logo/symbol on the belt buckle should be an O surrounding an M. Not sure how well that came across. It didn’t look as good with the M behind the O, in my opinion.

———————

Alias: Overmind
    Legal Name: Noah Lawson
    Ethnicity: African-American
    Height: 6′ 2″
    Body Type: Scrawny, thin
    Hair Colour: Black
    Hair Type: Short, thick
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Skin Colour: Light Brown
    Species: Superhuman

Powers and Abilities

Powers: Psychic abilities, superhuman intelligence/mentality, superhuman senses.
    Details/Limitations: Psychic abilities include, but aren’t limited to; powerful psionic blasts; telekinesis effective at 500ft; telepathy – including mind reading, mind control, empathy, and memory manipulation – effective at a range of several miles; levitation; psychometry; dowsing; and mild, spontaneous precognition. All five primary senses are sharpened to animal-like levels. IQ raised off the charts. Additionally, he is resistant to almost all forms of psychic attack, mind control, and telekinesis.
    Abilities/Skills: Neuroscience, physics, biology, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, omni-linguism.
    Costume: Shock-absorbing, bulletproof/stab-proof body armour, helmet, and gauntlets; form-fitting, fire/cold resistant bodysuit; fireproof cape and boots.
    Weapons: Superior Intellect. Belt holds two detachable, saucer shaped discs that can be telekinetically thrown around and manipulated at high velocity.
    Gadgets/Tech: Custom helmet that amplifies psychic power and further protects against psychic attack.
    Physical Weaknesses: Not particularly strong, weak in hand-to-hand combat, decreased muscle mass side effect of neural serum.
    Mental/Emotional Weaknesses: Can become overwhelmed and lose control quickly when trying to use too much power against incredibly strong enemies.

Personality and Relationships

Primary Traits: Withdrawn, distant, noble, pragmatic, intellectual.
    Likes: Science, technology, discovery, the cosmos, nature.
    Dislikes: Scientific ignorance or stagnation, narrow-mindedness, avocado.
    Habits/Quirks: Since gaining his powers, he has become increasingly withdrawn from society and ‘human concerns’, preferring to devote his intellect to bigger scientific and theoretical issues. Doesn’t smile often, although his appreciation for intellectual humour is intact. His movements and body language tend to be slow and graceful, and he often uses his powers of telekinesis to manipulate everyday objects instead of using his hands, and uses telepathy to communicate – something which many people find unnerving. He does put in some effort to be polite and respectful to friends and colleagues, but often seems distracted and emotionless unintentionally.
    Fears: Things that the ordinary human mind could not comprehend.
    Family: Jackie Lawson (Mother), Patricia Greenfield (Grandmother), Carl and Geoffrey Lawson (Brothers).
    Romantic Interests:
    Allies: Paragon, The Jetman, Mantis, The Magician, Solara
    Affiliations: International Freedom League, United States Sentinels, Apex Squad, Terran Defence Corps.
    Rivals/Nemesis: Dr. Crane
    Enemies: The Shadowguard, the Mutant Syndicate, Tau Magi, Church of the Fractured Dawn.

Origin

Coming soon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Alex King
    Participant

Interesting character!

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Notes: And finally, the last primary member of the IFL, Solara. I really enjoyed creating this costume, and it’s very much what I imagined for the character.

—————————–

Alias: Solara
    Legal Name: Laura Brighton
    Ethnicity: English
    Height: 5′ 10″
    Body Type: Athletic, lean
    Hair Colour: Blonde
    Hair Type: Long, wavy
    Eye Colour: Blue
    Skin Colour: White/Light Tan
    Species: Mutant

Powers and Abilities

Powers: Bioluminescence, light manipulation, flight.
    Details/Limitations: Able to store light energy, convert it, and emit it from her body as light and/or heat energy – This can take the form of attacks such as powerful beams of heat and light from the hands or large ‘explosions’ of light from the whole body, or more subtle effects like raising the temperature of her skin or causing it to glow softly. The more solar energy she has stored, the more power she can use. She can also convert this energy into a previously unknown force that enables her to fly for sustained periods. Once drained, she becomes physically weak until recharged by a light source, limiting the use of her powers at night.
    Abilities/Skills: Dance, gymnastics, acrobatics, first aid, Boxing, Taekwondo.
    Costume: Lightweight, bulletproof, heat and impact resistant body armour, gauntlets, and boots; fireproof/waterproof ‘winged’ bodysuit; mask; utility belt.
    Weapons:
    Gadgets/Tech: Utility belt contains basic crime-fighting tools – cable ties, caltrops, bandages, etc. – and a couple of handheld emergency flares for use as an emergency power source if caught without power in darkness.
    Physical Weaknesses: Enters a weakened state if deprived of light for an extended period of time or completely drained of power. Using extremely powerful abilities can therefore leave her vulnerable. Light deprivation can result in death after a few weeks, e.g. If imprisoned in a completely dark room.
    Mental/Emotional Weaknesses: Vulnerable to psychic attack.

Personality and Relationships

Primary Traits: Warm, approachable, mature, indomitable, reliable.
    Likes: The arts, especially dancing, Yoga, nature, sports, photography.
    Dislikes: Any crime involving children, corporate crime, fast food.
    Habits/Quirks: Described by friends as a ‘health nut’ and a ‘hippy’. Practical and independent, but with a deep maternal instinct for life and nature. A natural dancer and fitness enthusiast from a young age, she has a gift for teaching, which she enjoys. Generally approachable, friendly, and keen to help, with a charismatic personality and iron willpower that makes her a fierce enemy for those on the receiving end of her anger. Known to occasionally rant about world affairs, usually triggered when watching the news.
    Fears: Claustrophobia, asphyxiation.
    Family: Martin and Pearl Brighton (Parents).
    Romantic Interests:
    Allies: Paragon, The Jetman, Mantis, The Magician, Overmind
    Affiliations: International Freedom League, Society of European Superheroes, Astroforce, Terran Defence Corps.
    Rivals/Nemesis: Memnon, Vendetta, The Hardman
    Enemies: The Shadowguard, the Mutant Syndicate, Tau Magi, Church of the Fractured Dawn.

Origin

Coming soon

Attachments:

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

A couple of collages of the primary members of the International Freedom League.

————————–

Organisation Profile

Group Name: The International Freedom League (IFL)
    Activities: Crimefighting; International emergency response.
    Roster:
    The Jetman – Leader
    Paragon
    Mantis
    Overmind
    The Magician
    Solara
    Headquarters:
    IFLHQ – Washington, D.C.
    Järvinen Enterprises – Helsinki, Finland.
    Notable Equipment: Aside from their own gadgets/gear and a communications device linking them to the Operators at IFLHQ, each member of the IFL is granted access to Järvinen Enterprises’ private fleet of civilian and paramilitary vehicles – including, armoured cars, off-road vehicles, helicopters, and a private jet.
    Membership Requirements: Invite only.
    Allies: United States Sentinels, Society of European Superheroes, Indo-Asian Superhuman Assembly, Terran Defence Corps., Apex Squad, Iron Patrol, Astroforce.
    Rivals:
    Enemies: The Shadowguard, Lunar Brood, The Mutant Syndicate, Church of the Fractured Dawn, Tau Magi, Order of Divine Assassins, Lawless Earth Network.

History

Founded by Jerome Järvinen, a.k.a. The Jetman, as the first international emergency response superhero organisation. Funded through Jerome’s engineering corporation, Järvinen Enterprises, the IFL is run as a sister organisation the the Terran Defence Corps.

While the Corps. deals exclusively with global threats, the IFL was formed to respond to national and international crime, with The Jetman personally inviting a primary team of heroes from all over the world, choosing each for their unique skills and abilities. Though the League is active and enjoying success, they are always looking to invite new members who display the right qualities.

The IFL Headquarters is located in Washington, D.C., with a secondary base at the Järvinen enterprises building in Europe. The main HQ employs a team of Operators and security staff, and maintains a small fleet of land and air transport vehicles.

Attachments:

Alex King
    Participant

Cool! I like Solara and I like the effort you put in their bio. Pretty good hero team – now I would like to see a team of villains. 🙂

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Cool! I like Solara and I like the effort you put in their bio. Pretty good hero team – now I would like to see a team of villains.

Thank you! Coming up with the bios is as much fun for me as designing the images themselves.

I started working on some members of the ‘Mutant Syndicate’ last night. They’ll be the first team of villains I’ll post, I think. 🙂

JR19759
    Keymaster

Got rid of the extra attachments on your post for you.

Vengeance
    Participant

Solara is a good job good design great back story

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Got rid of the extra attachments on your post for you.

Many thanks.

Solara is a good job good design great back story

Thanks, Vengeance. Much appreciated!

Alex King
    Participant

By the way, I would recommend to save the pictures as png, because saving them als jpeg always messes with the sharpness and colours of the picture. 🙂

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, dude. Unfortunately, I’m working from a mobile device and the capabilities are a bit limited compared to other platforms. I’ll see what I can do, though, I probably missed something. 🙂

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

As promised, one of the most common enemies from my superheroes’ universe. Though not the primary antagonists, they’re a constant problem.

Sorry if the pictures are too small or low quality – individual biographies for each character coming soon!

————————-

Organisation Profile

Group Name: The Mutant Syndicate
    Activities: International crime; arms dealing; smuggling; financial crime; bank robbery; extortion. Legitimate business fronts; insurance firms; restaurants; film companies; corporate investments.
    Roster:
    The Don – Leader
    Lady Luck
    Memnon
    Trick Shot
    Vendetta
    The Hardman
    Komodo
    Fenrir
    Dr. Crane
    Headquarters:
    The Syndicate Mansion – Hollywood, CA.
    Various safe-houses in major cities around the world.
    Notable Equipment: Members have access to almost unlimited wealth and conventional weapons, as well as expensive cars, utility vehicles, and helicopters. Dr. Crane often provides the group with chemical and technological weapons.
    Membership Requirements: Mutant, Invite only.
    Allies: Lawless Earth Network, Lunar Brood, The Shadowguard.
    Rivals: Order of Divine Assassins, Church of the Fractured Dawn.
    Enemies: International Freedom League, United States Sentinels, Society of European Superheroes, Indo-Asian Superhuman Assembly, Apex Squad, Iron Patrol.

History

Nobody is really sure how long the Mutant Syndicate has been in business, save The Don himself. Originally a small crime family operating out of Chicago, IL, The Don used his mutant powers and astonishing intellect to amass incredible wealth, growing the organisation into a successful international crime syndicate. Moving his base of operations to an extravagant mansion in California, he recruited some of the most notorious mutant criminals ‘into the family’ and expanded the range of the groups activities.

Aside from the inner circle of lieutenants and bodyguards, the syndicate has a growing membership of low-level thugs and foot-soldiers. Usually these grunts perform most of the dirty work, but whenever a group of them strike a lieutenant is usually close at hand to oversee the operation. A constant nuisance for the IFL and other superhero groups, the Mutant Syndicate is one of the most common and pervasive enemies to be encountered.

Attachments:

Alex King
    Participant

Great! I like them even more then the heroes, especialla Trick Shot and The Wardman. 🙂

Herr D
    Participant

Big gallery already, I see. You need backgrounds. And, as a guitarist, a musical character.

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Great! I like them even more then the heroes, especialla Trick Shot and The Wardman.

Thanks! I’ll get their bios up as soon as possible, so you can have a closer look. 😉

Big gallery already, I see. You need backgrounds. And, as a guitarist, a musical character.

Thanks for the advice, Herr. I’m going to immerse myself in some of the tutorials over the coming week, and I’ll add a musical character to my list of projects. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.