Linea24’s Astra Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Linea24’s Astra Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 406 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

@RobM: Last time I checked, there were still a lot of ‘machiners who are a whole lot better than me.

@Anarchangel
    : I also said this on dA, and I’ll also say it here: Thanks!

@djuby
    : Thanks!

@Suleman
    : Thanks! I wanted to make it so that the spacesuit was not only functional-looking but also still fantastical, so I’m glad to hear that I was successful!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@RobM: Last time I checked, there were still a lot of ‘machiners who are a whole lot better than me.  

Lets see. Hmmm *wracks brain*…. maybe…. him possibly…. dunno. I can think of two maybe three off the top of my head, so if that quantifies as a lot then I shall never math again. But if we’re counting currently active members of the community who are producing regular artworks, then sorry, you are completely incorrect with your above statement.

Linea24
    Participant

Lets see. Hmmm *wracks brain*…. maybe…. him possibly…. dunno. I can think of two maybe three off the top of my head, so if that quantifies as a lot then I shall never math again. But if we’re counting currently active members of the community who are producing regular artworks, then sorry, you are completely incorrect with your above statement.

Darn. Foiled in being humble.

Linea24
    Participant

Every writer, artist, singer, composer, etc. who has every lived has had at least one person in their life who played a huge role in setting them on the artistic path and encouraging them all the way. For me, one of those people is my mom. To honor her on her birthday (she’s still pretty much alive), I’ve remade pictures I made for her back when I was just starting out on Heromachine.

First, the originals:

Etta

Violetta

And now the remade versions:

Etta Take 2

Violetta Take 2:

These two characters (really one and the same) were part of my mother’s stories. Her stories were like fairy tales, but with her signature snarkiness weaved throughout. Etta was a fae who was tasked with watching the royal family of a country and became the servant master (and part time cook) for the castle. Not pictured is her constant companion Grace the cat. Violetta was Etta’s fae form and she only takes it when one of the royal family members says her true name (Violetta).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Suleman
    Participant

Nice! Those stories sound like a lot of fun.

These also really demonstrate how far you’ve come. Just look at the difference in Violetta! The colors! The shading!

Linea24
    Participant

Thanks, Suleman! And yeah, her stories are definitely a lot of fun. I also found out roughly when I made the originals: May 2013.

Linea24
    Participant

Methinks it’s been quite a while since I made something. So, without further do, here’s a new character for a new group I’m working on:

Serena (open picture in another tab for better quality)

And a close-up, because I really like how her face came out:

Name:  Serena
    Species: Descended Taurisan
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Associations: The Unproclaimed, Piscus, Antia, the Descended Taurisans
    Powers/Skills: can protect others and self from sudden injuries; can reverse many minor (and a few major) spells; can prevent or provide protection against illnesses or ill effects
    Weaknesses: strong smells and really bright colors
    Notes: Is technically a trainee, but is often considered to be part of the Unproclaimed’s main party

I’ll put up more information about The Unproclaimed later, when school isn’t scaring me to death.

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s been too long hasn’t it. But obviously not so long that you’d forgotten how to make awesome characters.

Linea24
    Participant

@JR: Well, you can blame this one project I have in English for my long disappearance 😛 That darn thing just doesn’t want to be easy…

Ok, another member of the Unproclaimed (Already had a couple of these guys started, just finally had the time to complete them):

Sebbena

Again, the detail on her face came out really well, so here’s a close-up:

Name: Unknown

Aliases: Sebbena

Species: Unknown

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Associations: The Unproclaimed, Antia

Powers/Skills: Heightened hearing/smell; extremely agile; uses a two-handed lightning blade; can slightly manipulate space/time; goggles allow enhanced sight; high resistance to many magical effects

Weaknesses: The presence of a Time Watcher (e.g., Warp, Chambra)

Notes: Has no memory of past, has features shared by no other humanoid Antian/Felian (i.e., tail, animal ears, whiskers, completely different reproduction system from any human or humanoid Antian/Felian)

If you haven’t noticed with these last two pieces, I’ve come up with a few minor changes to my style.

Attachments:

Skoul
    Participant

Oh……woah! It almost looks hand-drawn.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Nice work on both Serena and Sebbena.  I really love the outfits!

Linea24
    Participant

@Jeimuzu & Skoul: Thanks!

Just thought I’d go ahead and make a pony OC. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time for a full body pose, so I just made a quick portrait of her:

Story Lyric is a unicorn who lives in a forest studying and practicing different forms of art. Her favorite areas of study are literary fiction and music. She has a very strong affection for pencils and tea. She is often seen as crazy and hyper; this is often thought to be the result of coffee, however coffee actually has the opposite effect on her.

(Note: The thingy in the corner is her cutie mark)

Did I mention that she likes pencils?

Attachments:

JR19759
    Keymaster

I have a stupidly big smile on my face at the moment. Good to see you’ve got in on the act now. (Now we just need Myro to make one, then my plan shall be complete). I can send you the text for Bright Idea if you want a reference for a pose.

Oh, would it be alright if I had a go at her at some point as well?  I wanna try and get a series of pics going.

Linea24
    Participant

Uh oh, JR’s got a plan brewing…

(And go ahead!)

Nug
    Participant

@Linea Lol!

I love when JR has plans! 😀 Ideas start flowing, cool stuff happens, sometimes people get mad, but always entertaining!

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 406 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.