King Arthur

Home Forums Art Contests & Challenges King Arthur

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Hey guys! I had this really cool idea last night for a story about King Arthur! Anyone want to help me design some characters for it? The main ones are:

King Arthur (obviously!) {Edit – won by AMS for this picture}

Queen Guinevere, who is a blond, Tolkien-style elf (no, don’t ask me why, just because)

Morgana Le Fay, Arthur’s half sister

Mordred, Arthur and Morgana’s son (could be adult or child, you decide!)

Sir Lancelot, Mr “Tall, dark and handsome”, Arthur’s top knight and Guinevere’s secret crush

The wizard Merlin, who’s about Arthur’s age (i.e. not old and grey)

(Possibly) Guinevere and Arthur’s son, slightly younger than Mordred, name not decided yet.

Others we/you could have include Arthur’s dad Uther, who would be quite old, the Lady of the Lake, and other Knights of the Round Table if you know any or want to look them up.

Edit: If you want to change a character’s appearance a bit, go ahead. For example, if you think Guinevere should be a brunette or Merlin should be old and grey, go for it! If I like it, I’ll keep it. If not, I won’t.

FRM

i originally had made this as Charlemagne, but he can be Arthur, if you don't think he's too old. i'm not sure the sitting pose is perfect, either.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

FRM said:

i originally had made this as Charlemagne, but he can be Arthur, if you don't think he's too old. i'm not sure the sitting pose is perfect, either.

No, he's not too old, and I can't see anything wrong with the pose. I like the background as well Cool Also, props for being the first to enterSmile, even if you didn't make him specifically for this Laugh

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Bored…someone enter please please please?

I’ll even give you some inspiration…here's my take on Mordred as an adult.

meniukas
    Participant

How about this for Lady of the LakeLady of the lake

Kaylin88100
    Participant

meniukas said:

How about this for Lady of the LakeLady of the lake

Yes, she's lovely! Cool I was just looking at her on your Characters page and thinking that she would be perfect! Laugh 

Thanks for entering Smile

Kaylin88100
    Participant

OK guys…here’s the Pendragon family crest. You don’t have to include it, but if you do, it’s just a dragon from Insignia-Standard. The shield is unimportant.

You may or may not be able to see, but in the picture of Mordred I posted, he's wearing a little gold dragon around his neck. Arthur wears one as well, all the Pendragons do.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Here’s my original concept for King Arthur, which ams is currently remaking for me! Yay!Smile
    King-Arthur.png

ams
    Participant

Here he is Kaylin88100. I made some slight changes to the shirt, but your original concept is there. Hope you like it and let me know if it needs any changes.

Cheers!KING-ARTHUR-for-Kaylin88100-1.png

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Wow, he’s great! Thanks! Smile

I officially declare ams the first winner of this contest! (But only the first of many – there are still all the other characters to design.)

prswirve
    Participant

i just finished reading an arthurian based novel and found out you got this contest up and running for a while. are you still going for your story ‘coz it’s been a while now.

Kaylin88100
    Participant

Yes, it’s still going – and you can enter as many characters as you like. You can even make a King Arthur if you feel like taking on the amazing AMS. Wink

prswirve
    Participant

i see and that’s good ‘coz i’ve been thinking of doing some of them… caliburn.png

… one quick question… in that story of yours, are the swords caliburn and excalibur one and the same?

Vampyrist
    Participant
    My take on Mordred, who wields Clarent, the sword in the stone, the blade he uses to mortally wound his father.
    http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/vampyrist/2013/01/Mordred.png

prswirve
    Participant

here’s my take on sir Lancelot du lac, weilding the Lance of Longinus (the lance that was used to stab Christ), astride his immortal mount RASA…

sir_lancelot_2-1.png

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.