Just my Machinings

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Just my Machinings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Christi S
    Participant

Heya, I’m Christi n I’ve been kickin around this rad place for bout a month now! Anywho, someone in another thread asked if I had a gallery n I think I’ve got JUST enough pieces now to warrant making one! So here it is! ^_^

This was my first piece, just sumthin silly figurin out how this thing works n what its allabout:

Put a lil more effor into the second one, startin explorin patterns and backgrounds and such:

Then I got SUPER-INSPIRED bouncin around the forums by all the rad shaded/highlighted/3d lookin pieces n thought I’d give it a go myself:

Wasn’t super thrilled with the results tho, so took the time to read some of the tutorials n tips n tricks n such type threads, then made this just to test out the rad highlighting/masking/etc techniques I’d learned:

Did this for the One Part, Many Characters contest. No super fancy stuff, just fun item repurposing!

And then tried to use everything I’ve picked up thus far in this submission for the Another’s Take on It challenge:

^Note: This piece is a reimagining of Funkachine7’s “Sveirj the Viking”

That’s all I’ve got so far! Will post more as I do em! Feel free to reply to comment/critique or just to say hi! And if there’s an Hero Machine vets who swing through; tips are always appreciated! =P

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

Hey, great start!

I look forward to seeing more.

Legatus
    Participant

Awesome work!

darkvatican

You have some great pieces, here. If these are examples of the improvement you’ve made in just a month’s time, then you’re probably a power user in the making. *impressed*

Vengeance
    Participant

interesting stuff looking forward to more

Christi S
    Participant

Thanx for the positive feedback yall!

Tho can someone tell me wth a “power user” is? lol

In the meantime, here’s a refab of my first piece. Tried to sorta invert the whole “highlight” technique n do a backlit effect. It… sorta worked? Iunno, you tell me:

Anarchangel
    Participant

Wow. That last piece is arguably one of the best things I’ve seen on Heromachine.

Impressive.

ams
    Participant

WOW!!!! ย Great pic!

@ all moderators – Nominated for the Hall of Fame! Please submit pic!

Candruth

@ all moderators โ€“ Nominated for the Hall of Fame! Please submit pic!

Yup. I agree. I’ll be keeping an eye on this gallery for sure.

Awesome job ๐Ÿ˜€

darkvatican

Wow, that’s a great piece! lighting effects are challenging, but you make it look easy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mr. Vaudeville
    Participant

@ all moderators โ€“ Nominated for the Hall of Fame! Please submit pic!

Yup. I agree. Iโ€™ll be keeping an eye on this gallery for sure. Awesome job

Thirded.

Vengeance
    Participant

Just Wow!!!

Vectorman316
    Participant

Oooooooook, that’s greatness

Funkmachine7
    Participant

Sort of worked? the dam thing looks great! 10/10!

Herr D
    Participant

Power user profiles and Hall of Fame entries are less common these days, but I’ll 2nd your nominations right here and now. You’ve obviously learned exponentially.

How many layers was that latest smiley-faced man?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.