Just My Machinings Part Deux!

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Just My Machinings Part Deux!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Christi S

So… I was away for awhile and forgot the info to log into my old account… plus most of my hosted image links in my old threads appear to have died. A few pieces are pretty much lost unfortunately but I had most of them saved in one form or another.

So here’s my new thread in which I will first dump what I have of my old pieces and then start posting new stuff as I do it lol!

So here’s the old stuff, hosted on DA now so they won’t break again:

Christi S

And now for new stuff!

Submission for CDC #367:

Christi S

Submission for CDC #372:

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Whoa…how?

Christi S

How what?

Blue Blazer
    Participant

How do you do that? You must have a limitless supply of patience.

Christi S

Do what? I’m really still not clear what we’re talking about here lol

Blue Blazer
    Participant

You’re artistry, particularly in shading and lighting, is incredible.

Christi S

Oh!

Well tyvm!

As to how… I use reference photos for poses/lighting pretty frequently. N I do a lot of masking stuff onto duplicate body parts and insignia images that I hide behind the background but keep the masked item in the foreground. And when it comes to using the gradient backgrounds for shading/shadows/highlights/etc. I use the (often later hidden) lines of the pieces I’m putting them over on as a guide and/or the lighting of reference photos as a guide. And I layer them and mess with their opacity until it looks right.

N yes, some patience is involved with that but also like… I rarely do a piece in one sitting. I’ll work on it here n there over the course of a week or so usually because yeah… not THAT patient lol.

Christi S

Submission for CDC #373:

Christi S

Submission for CDC #403

Herr D
    Participant

That coming stomp . . . was this their deity of earthquakes, too?! Good to see you’re still around.

Nighthawk
    Participant

Good to see you back. Your work is incredible

Holy…this is amazing work! I love the use of colors and perspective! This is more than just character creation…this is art. My favorite is the smiley face guy! The second guy hopping over the ledge is fantastic. I noticed your archer too, I did a very similar pose way back when, when there was an archery CDC! Stuff like this is so inspiring.

Christi S

That coming stomp . . . was this their deity of earthquakes, too?! Good to see you’re still around.

Hahah, not that I read, no, I just thought it was kinda dramatic and intimidating… my headcanon on this charrie was actually sorta as a non-powered vigilante anti-hero thingy with a bit of a brutal approach.

N oh yeah! Still round! Love to lurk n see what people make, just been too busy to make do any pieces myself for awhile!

Good to see you back. Your work is incredible

I never left! Just haven’t had the time to do any new pieces. But thanks a bundle!

Holy…this is amazing work! I love the use of colors and perspective! This is more than just character creation…this is art. My favorite is the smiley face guy! The second guy hopping over the ledge is fantastic. I noticed your archer too, I did a very similar pose way back when, when there was an archery CDC! Stuff like this is so inspiring.

Tysm! N yeah, the smiley is everyone’s fav, even made it into the HoF. Which is funny, cuz I wasn’t totally happy with how it turned out n def don’t consider it my best piece, it was really just the first one where I really tried to do a custom pose n mess with the whole gradient shading technique I saw ppl using but there you go! N awe, I musta missed that CDC, I just saw some fool shootin a bow like that on one of those talent shows n thought it’d be cool to try to make the pose! One of the few pieces that was totally mine, not workin off a contest prompt or redoin someone else’s charrie actually.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.