JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Xavier_Kain
    Participant

Hey JR, just thought, I’d pop in,Some of my more recent faves of yours are The Extant,Enabler and sci-fi Soldier, keep up the good work. Laugh

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Xavier_Kain- Thanks man

prswirve
    Participant

Wow I never thought your work could get better seeing you have already amazing stuff but still you’re taking them to higher levels since the last time I checked. I love the backgrounds as well.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks dude. Considering I never usually do backgrounds I’ve been trying to include more, so I’m glad people are liking them. As for you saying my stuff has improved, that’s a given. Nothing is ever perfect, so you can only improve because otherwise you just go backwards.

Trekkie
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2014/06/adjo-freya.png

When you tear it down it only looks more ragged
    And when you build it up it only looks more fake
    So why not let it be at least until tomorrow
    And then you just might see your sad mistake
    Cause life has more to give that what you take

“Song for a dead friend”- Kevin Gilbert

Dedicated to an excellent heromachiner and one of the first people who I would have called a friend after joining this community. I don’t think I need to say any more.

Lovely.

Also your backgrounds look great.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks Trekkie

JR19759
    Keymaster

Anyway, the long awaited Danni solo piece. I will admit it’s not as good as the Lilli solo piece, but hey, that one was pretty nice if I do say so myself.

Danni-writing-1.png

“Are you ever going to come to bed?”
    “In a minute, I’m nearly done with this chapter.”
    “You said that an hour ago.”
    “You can talk. What about that gaming marathon you went on yesterday?”
    “Touche. At least shut the curtains if you’re planning to pull an all-nighter. Oh, and don’t forget we’re going round your parents tomorrow to meet your sisters new boyfriend.”
    “Ugh. Great. Hopefully he’ll be better than the last one.”
    “Yeah. Hopefully. Anyway, night babe.”
    “Night.”

(Once again, almost a true story, although the writing is sometime reading and sometimes heromachine, depends.)

Jeimuzu
    Participant

I think I may be falling in love with Danni and Lilli. You creations just give them such personality and really bring the characters to life. Also I’m really enjoying your lighting and shading on your creations.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Jeimuzu- Well that’s good to hear. If these two don’t have an effect on you in some way then I’m not doing my job right.

JR19759
    Keymaster

BOOKS!!!!! *Flips imaginary table* I spend over an hour working on them and then they hardly show up in the final picture and you can hardly see any of the detail on them. Honestly.
    But anyway, as you’ve probably surmised, I’ve finished another picture and it is the Morning picture I posted the W.I.P of on the last page. I think this one came out quite nicely, although looking over it in my files, I think my favourite bit might actually have been completely accidental, as a result of switching from to a yellow glow from a white one right before exporting.
    But that’s enough rambling, here’s the pic.

Lili-Danni-Morning.png

Stulte
    Participant

I love everything you’re doing with these characters. Looking forward to the Q&A.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

@Stulte said:

I love everything you’re doing with these characters. Looking forward to the Q&A.

This! ^^^^^ Lili-Danni morning looks fantastic!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.
    As for the Character Q&A……

Character Q&A:

Ok guys, as promised, here’s my Character Q&A. And we’re going to kick off the interview with Lili.

Lili: Hi

So, Lili, why don’t we start off with the obvious? Tell us a bit about your self.

Lili: Well, I was born in Milton Keynes, England, a few miles outside London, where I currently live with my partner, Danni. I work as a freelance artist, doing small time comics and magazine cartoons. I like playing video games and watching horror movies and I’m a total nerd about Mario. Is that the sort of thing you were looking for?

It’ll do. How about your family? What was life like growing up?

Lili: It wasn’t anything special. I mean, it’s not like we were super well off or anything, but we weren’t exactly struggling. It was just average, your normal childhood in a middle class suburb. My brother Jason and I were always fighting, as brothers and sisters always do when they’re growing up. He was a complete idiot, and still is, and was always getting into trouble. Of course, being the younger sister, I got led into his stupidity and got into my fair share of trouble as well, but never as much as Jase. We must have driven Mum mad. She tended to be very protective of us, as all mums are I guess, but sometimes you got the feeling she’d have liked to have wrapped us both up in bubble-wrap before we went outside to play. I love her loads, but sometimes she got on my nerves. I guess that’s pretty normal as well, so yeah, nothing hugely out of the ordinary.

What about your father? How does he figure into all of this?

Lili: I…. I sorta have mixed feeling about him. He was a good man, he always said that fighting never solved anything and he always told me and my brother that we should never judge anyone before we knew them. And as kids he doted on us. But he had these problems. He suffered from depression and had this angry streak that sometimes surfaced. Most of the time it was okay, he’d just become very sullen and hard to talk to, but when it got bad, he got aggressive. It was so scary, because he was such a kind and gentle man normally, seeing him like that terrified me. Mum tried to cope, but as time went on it just became harder and harder to deal with and eventually she left him. I didn’t see him much after that, but when I did….. it was difficult. He….. he just got worse. It was like he was just a shell of the man I’d grown up with. When he got ill, it wasn’t much of a surprise, but seeing him just getting worse and worse…… Sorry. Anyway, before he died he gave me this heart locket. He said that he bought it for my mother when they first started dating and that I should give it to Danni. He made me promise to look after both her and it. He died the next day.

I’m sorry to hear that.

Lili: s’Ok. I just hope I’ve made him proud.

Anyway, lets move on shall we?

Lili: Fine by me. Ask away.

Ok, how about this one. How did your parents react when you “came out”?

Lili: (*grimaces*) Well, Dad took it better than Mum I guess, but neither of them took it brilliantly. I mean, Dad was sort of just like “Okay, are you sure it isn’t just a phase or something?” but he accepted it after a while. But Mum was in denial about it for a long time. When I talked to her about it recently she said it was because she really wanted grandkids and didn’t want to talk about it any more after that, which was…. Odd. I mean I can get the grandkids thing, but Jase could still have kids, so it seems a bit off. I don’t know.

Sounds like she has something else on her mind about it. Maybe you should try to talk to her a bit more about it?

Lili: Probably. But it’s not like she’s gonna change my mind about it. I’m happy with where I am right now, so she should be happy for me right?

I guess so. Anyway, the next question is kinda personal. I hope you don’t mind……

Lili: Go for it. I mean what’s the worst that could happen. It’s not like I can slap you or anything, I’m a fictional creation.

Hey, you leave the fourth wall alone, that’s my job.

Lili: Sorry. Anyway, you had a question?

Yes, I did. Would you mind elaborating on how your relationship with Danni works exactly?

Lili: Oh, you mean, like, who wears the pants in the relationship , that sort of thing? Nah, we don’t really go for that sort of thing. We’re just sorta together you know. Neither of us is really the dominant one, we’re equal and that’s how we like it. I know I can be a bit lazy with chores and stuff and Danni needs to give me a boot in the arse from time to time about it, but other than that? Not really.

I guess it would be hard to be “the man” in this sort of relationship right?! (*wink*)

Lili: (*laughs*) You got it.

Cool, I think we’re about done here. Thanks for taking the time out to chat to us.

Lili: That’s cool dude. It was fun.

We’ll talk to you again once we’ve spoken to Danni, so I guess we’ll see you then.

Lili: Ok. See ya later.

In case you can’t figure it out, my parts are in the italics.

Nug
    Participant

That was cool man! Had to loll when she called herself a fictional character

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Totally agree with Nug, that was very cool. I love Lili’s personality. Smile

Viewing 15 posts - 1,216 through 1,230 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.