JR’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery JR’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 2,063 total)
  • Author

Nug
    Participant

The center makes me really happy too, JR. ;)
    As far as what you need in the white areas… Are you planning on shading it? A darker cream color with light beams… from the lamp. (since it is twilight time) I like the wine setup… but by the time this situation goes down that bottle or 4 are gonna be on the floor, right? Most upscale resorts are gonna have white carpet… so maybe just a little texture. All in all though i’m really impressed with what you already have. Just needs mood lighting. ;)

Stulte
    Participant

I would make the sides fairly dark, so as to draw the attention to the more interesting center.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Nug: You see that gutter over there? You might want to go and take your mind out of it ;)

I took all the ideas onboard and this is the result. I must say I am very proud of this one. It’s one of those rare occasions where the finished product came out better than I’d envisioned. Once again I have to thank RobM for the pose.

Lili-Danni-The-Kiss.png

I don’t know why but I really love doing pieces of Lili and Danni. I mean considering they were originally just throw-away characters I did in the middle of last summer whilst I was just madly hero machining to get away from all the stuff that had happened to me and my family at the time, I just sort of fell in love with them as characters, especially after I wrote out personality profiles for them. So you might be seeing more of these two in the future.

djuby
    Participant

Incredible! Hall of Fame for sure!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks dude. HoF would be nice, but it’s not going to happen. I don’t get nominated ever ;)

Anyway, another one for y’all, this time only featuring Lili. One of the things I had for her back when I first created these two is that she was a gamer, so I decided to make a pic of that.

Gamer-Lili.png

“Lili, I need you to take the trash out sometime this century!”
    “Sorry babe, I’m busy.”
    “You’re playing Mario Kart. How is that busy?”
    “It just is. Do we have any nachos by the way?”
    “I hate you sometimes.”
    “Love you too babe.”

True story (if you substitute Mario Kart for Pokemon and taking out the trash for… well just about anything really. Including taking out the trash I suppose).

Vampyrist
    Participant

Lilli and Danni are great. That kiss is amazingly sweet and the gaming lilli is fantastic work in posing and face work.

Nug
    Participant

It’s hard to get your mind out of the gutter when you live there…
    That turned out beautiful though! Awesome job for sure! I would nominate it, JR…. I just don’t know how. Lili gaming is great too… perfect lighting on that. The glow from the unseen tv is a stroke of some kinda genius. I cant help but wonder how she would look sitting indian style though. (Or criss cross apple sauce for all you politically correct individuals.)

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks guys.

@Nug- I was going to do a crossed legged pose, but I find it an easy pose and I use it more often than this sitting pose, so I thought I’d try something different.
    As for the HoF thing, that happens whenever Jeff feels like it and he sometimes asks for nominations, but most of the time he just puts in whatever he feels like, which is his right considering we’re all basically messing around with his artwork. And anyway, as cool as it would be to get one of my pieces featured, I don’t think I need it to be honest, I’d like to think I’ve left an impression anyway http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif. It’s kinda like the Power User Profiles. Back when I first really started paying attention to the blog side of heromachine and not just the character creator, I’d always think how cool it would be to do a power user profile, because that was the mark of being someone in the community for me (and if you look at it back then, you were talking about the pioneers of what have now become some of the standard techniques, people like Hammerknight, Kaldath, AMS, SeanDavidRoss, Zyp, DiCicatriz etc.). But by the time I really became involved in the community, it just sort of mattered less, because of the comments I got from those people I looked up to (I’m gonna have to single out AMS here again, because I wouldn’t be half as good as I am now without his help, teaching me how to shade and showing me some masking techniques). It’s the same with the Hall Of Fame, yeah it’d be cool and a couple of years ago I’da bitten your hand off to get in, but I’m ok atm.

RobM
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

@Nug
    : You see that gutter over there? You might want to go and take your mind out of it http://www.heromachine.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

I took all the ideas onboard and this is the result. I must say I am very proud of this one. It’s one of those rare occasions where the finished product came out better than I’d envisioned. Once again I have to thank RobM for the pose.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/jr19759/2014/06/Lili-Danni-The-Kiss.png

I don’t know why but I really love doing pieces of Lili and Danni. I mean considering they were originally just throw-away characters I did in the middle of last summer whilst I was just madly hero machining to get away from all the stuff that had happened to me and my family at the time, I just sort of fell in love with them as characters, especially after I wrote out personality profiles for them. So you might be seeing more of these two in the future.

Nice, JR. You set the mood really well.

Viper
    Participant

That’s fantastic.

Nug
    Participant

I understand how you feel about the HOF thing. Sure it would be nice to have a piece on display for all the world to see… but I feel if i’m pumping out heros just for recognition, or to please the general population, it takes away from not only the art and originality aspects’…it takes away from the fun! So if it happens, awesome right? If not man… you are already highly respected around here just for being a cool dude with some nice artwork, and helpful advice at times. I’d say thats pretty awesome in itself.

Stulte
    Participant

Beautiful work!
    You’ve made some incredibly atmospheric art lately, I’m very impressed.

Jeimuzu
    Participant

Wow, the lighting and shadows are total perfection on the Kiss and on Gamer Lili. Oh, and the poses are top notch as well.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Thanks for the kind words guys, they mean a lot.
    I’m gonna try and do a solo Danni piece at some point, but I’m unsure as to what situation I should put her in. I have a few ideas but it’s a case of “I could do either of these, it’d be difficult but I could do it, but which would look better?”

luizpauloromanini
    Participant

Your last three artworks are amazing. Each picture’s mood are spot on, my friend. Awesome job!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 2,063 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.