G. W.'s New Superverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery G. W.'s New Superverse

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
  • Author

G. W.
    Participant

Hello again. I know it’s been awhile, but it will be another while before I post again.

I am rebooting my universe yet again (I know, what am I, DC?) In the past, I’ve talked about how I’m going to take the time and do some planning and come back when I’m ready, but in the past I’ve never really done it.

This time, I genuinely am going on a semi-long term hiatus in order to organize my mythology and time scale.  It’s going to be a very long time, maybe several months before I make another image upload. In the meantime, I will make occasional text posts in order to inform you of some basic elements of my universe.

As usual, when I resume uploads, I will start with the same few I always due. Usually it’s because of writer’s block. This time it’s because I need the major characters as a reference point for my minor characters. For a while, I’ve been thinking of new character ideas, including a few which I’ve had since the beginning but which I’ve never actually used.

See you all in a while.

G. W.
    Participant

CDC Entry: Wildfire

Hometown: Chicago, IL

Powers: Fireproof, can throw fireballs, can turn all or part of body into pure flame, super speed/strength/endurance when in flame mode.

Weakness: The longer he stays in flame mode, and the more of his body in flame mode, Henry loses more and more control over himself.

When Henry was 8 years old, his parents died in a tragic car accident, and he was sent to live with his uncle. Unfortunately, his uncle hated him, and was verbally and physically abusive. One day, when Henry was 15, his uncle tried to rid himself of Henry once and for all. He pretended to leave for work, when in fact he actually just went outside the house and started a fire in an attempt to kill Henry. As he was about to die, Henry saw a strange, glowing being in the flame (the truth behind the being is still unknown). He was strangely drawn toward it, and reached out to touch it. He passed out, but was otherwise completely unharmed when firefighters found him buried beneath the rubble of his uncle’s house.

In the hospital room, after he had awoken, his uncle came in feigning sympathy. In that moment, Henry realized exactly what had happened, and in a fit of rage, confronted his uncle. To his surprise, he reached his hand toward his uncle, and his hand burst into flame, setting his uncle on fire. Panicking, and realizing that he was entirely engulfed in flame, Henry ran through the hospital, accidentally killing many people in the process. He ran as far as he could, eventually jumping into lake Michigan in an attempt to extinguish himself. When he returned to himself, he went into hiding.

Penniless and alone, Henry was living in the streets of Chicago, stealing what he could and avoiding the cops and other authorities best he could. He planned to get away from the city as soon as he could to avoid arrest. It was December. In a dark alley, Henry held his arm ablaze in an attempt both to warm himself and to heat up a couple of hot dogs he had stolen. Suddenly, He was approached by the strangest group he had ever seen: Two beings, one seemingly made of smoke, the other of glass, a giant lizard man, a robotic spider, a woman who appeared to be a stripper of some sort, a young man who seemed at most a few years older than himself, and, somehow both the most normal and the most peculiar of all, a man in a crudely made Egyptian mask.

As soon as he first saw the young man, Seth knew he was seeing someone who was very powerful, very dangerous, and, if he acted quickly, very easy to manipulate. He put on an act of sympathy, listening to Henry’s story, dubbing him “Wildfire,” and bringing him into the team. Although his sympathy began as a ruse, Seth grew to develop a soft spot for the young man, as did many other members of the team.

As for Henry, he was just glad to feel accepted for the first time in years. He didn’t realize or even really care that he was being manipulated, or that he was with the bad guys. Although Guanlong still creeped him out.

I chose the backstory that I did after realizing that all but one of the villain team members thus far is in it for personal gain, with Seth being in it to promote a political ideology. Even Smoke and Mirrors, who have a bit of a vengeance story, are still in it at least partially for the money. For that reason, I wanted to introduce a character to the team who would be at least somewhat sympathetic.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

G. W.
    Participant

Messed up on the file name:

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Legion of Chaos (Villain Team CDC Logo)

The color scheme represents the colors of the villains on the team. The city coloring of black and gold represents Seth, the red and grey flame represents Pinup, the blue and red flame is Guanlong, the generic red and orange flame represents the thus unknown ninth member of the team, the orange and blue flame represents Tick Tock, the purple and black flame represents Dark Web, the red and black flame represents Wildfire, and the grey and black flame represents Smoke and Mirrors.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Forgot my username and the backstory:

The villains bickered amongst themselves. There were alliances within the group, but many of them simply did not like each other.

“Ladies and Gentlemen!” said the approaching figure, feigning astonishment. “I am surprised at your manners!” The villains instantly recognized the distinct voice of Seth, remarkable more for its passionate, angry, and charismatic tone rather than for its rather common, generic sound.

“What is our mission?” asked Pinup.

“This is not a mission, per se, so much as an issue of… well, branding. They can’t very well cower in fear if they don’t know who’s attacking, can they?”

“I mean, they actually can…” said Mirrors.

“SILENCE!” bellowed Seth. “Anyway, we need an identity. A name to strike fear into all who hear it.” Guanlong and Pinup rolled their eyes, but the rest were utterly captivated by his passion. “We are on a quest. A quest to spread our agenda of anarchy! Therefore we shall be the Legion of Chaos! As for how to market ourselves, I have an idea for an insignia. Our mission is against society. And what better symbol for society than the archetypical city? The city, full of corruption, crime, homelessness, hunger. All of society’s evils within a single urban sprawl. And what better symbol for chaos than fire? Not wishing to shape things, simple to destroy, to revert them to their natural shapes. Not a force of society, but one of nature. Nine flames, nine of us. Nine legionaries!”

“Enough!” yelled Guanlong. “Some of us don’t care about your politics, Seth! Will I get the money!”

“Yes, of course you will! Don’t worry, all in due time. Now, is anyone a graphic designer? Nobody? Oh well, we’ll get there eventually.”

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Alternate version of the Legion of Chaos emblem. This one has nine flames, all of them red and orange. If anyone has feedback on which is better, please tell me.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

CDC Hero Team Insignia: The Advocates

“So, what do we call ourselves?” asked Mach 20.

“I’ve got it! Beacons of Hope,” said Beacon. Flare slapped him.

“Hmm,” said Achilla. “Do we have anything in common.”

“Not much,” admitted Totem. “We have no shared powers, no shared background. All we have in common is that we have great abilities, and we believe in using them to do the right thing. Though we are mighty, many are weak. We must help those who need us, in any way they might need. Not only must we fight crime, and the forces of nature, we must fight injustice in all its forms. We must assist those who can’t assist themselves. We must be their Advocates.”

The large hand offering itself to a smaller hand reaching for assistance represents the mighty advocates helping the “little guy.” The world map in the background represents the team’s global reach and background. I made this insignia using the headshot feature.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Fixed the name:

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

As a quick update on my own super-verse, I’m working on it. I literally have a composition notebook in which I’ve been writing about various concepts within my universe. I currently have sections on Greek and Roman mythology, magic, and an in-universe company called “Rebew Industries.” I am currently working on a section about the cities within my universe. All of these sections are subject to change as I continue to work on this. It’s still going to be a while before I start creating new pieces that aren’t for CDCs.

G. W.
    Participant

Herbir Eorg is the delegate to the intergalactic Congress for the invisible people of the planet Griffin. Little is known about Griffinian biology due to their invisibility. Due to their clothing shape and the occasional ability to see their light and dark spots in certain lighting, they appear to be generally humanoid. The planet Griffin is home to many large, wild beasts, and thus it is likely that the Griffinians developed their invisibility as a defense mechanism against predators. Griffinians, despite being known as a generally amicable people, are known for being rather reluctant to share details of their anatomy with outsiders, mostly because they think it’s fun to watch their confusion. However, they have made it clear that they can see each other perfectly fine, as they have a very well adapted sense of sight. Traditional Griffinian garments are much more subdued than what Eorg is wearing, but traveling Griffinians (such as ambassadors and politicians) often wear bright, garish colors (especially magenta, blue and gold, the colors of the Griffinian flag) in order to compensate for their typical lack of visibility.  Here, Eorg is shown on his home planet, shortly before departing for his first Intergalactic Congress meeting.

I originally experimented with much heavier armor for the character, before realizing that there was no real reason for a politician to be dressed for battle. I kept the gauntlets because they looked cool and added some color to a rather bland portion of the character, I kept the shoulder armor because I thought a touch of gold might help to make him seem a bit fancier. The gold metal armor under the top has both an out-of-universe reason and an in-universe justification. 1. Out of universe, I used the armor to give a reason for why we can’t see the back portions of his top. 2. In-Universe, the armor is a security measure against potential assassinations.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The dreaded Post-Apocalyptic Vehicle: The Spiker. Rather than adding weaponry and decorations to an existing car, the creator of this car destroyed several cars, used a few basic parts, and then made the rest from scrap metal and other parts found in a junkyard.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The guns are hooked up to a mechanism that allows them to be fired from the inside, the chains are simply there for additional stability. I gave the wheels exaggerated suspension because I thought it might help on desert terrain, and I got the idea from monster trucks. Digital item-wise, the body of the car is made from four pieces of torso armor and two shields, the bits above the wheel, the hood, and both pieces of the canopy are all shoulder pads, the front of the car is a knee pad, and the tail is the shoulder plates of a piece of torso armor. The wheel pieces are from insignia: tech, the suspension is just rectangles, and the various accessories (chains and weapons) are taken from belts and items.

G. W.
    Participant

I very recently got into D&D, and though I have made a few characters for future use, this is thus far the only one I’ve actually played with so far. He is a human rogue and is currently level two. His name is Vladimir Roughmane, and I swear to Pelor that that name was actually from D&D Beyond’s random human name generator, and it doesn’t even filter by class. The real character does have some additional gear in and attached to a backpack, but for the purposes of this image I couldn’t find a way to get the backpack in there without interfering with the bow and quiver. I know that this picture kind of makes him look like a ranger, but that’s because all of the cityscape and building backgrounds are modern buildings, so I couldn’t really show him in a fantasy city.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Another D&D Character. You’ll probably be seeing a lot of these while I’m working on my continuity reboot.

Anyway, this guy is a Tiefling Warlock named Fenriz. He made a contract with a devil in order to save his dying wife, and said devil later forced him to kill his wife. If he breaks the contract, then he will be stuck wandering the earth forever, killing everyone he comes into contact with, meaning he is completely stuck.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Accidentally hid part of the cape behind the background. Just fixed it.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.