G. W.'s New Superverse

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery G. W.'s New Superverse

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)
  • Author

G. W.
    Participant

Even though I only ever used it for a few pictures, I have decided to stop using my old “gjc6664’s Superverse” topic. This is because my backstories were not strong, nothing was in a logical order, and many of my works could be greatly improved. Thus, I have created a new topic. While I will also put new characters in here, I will also have new versions of characters from my old topic.

As far as my work goes, I do not intend to make great artwork. I simply wish to take my ideas for superheroes and supervillains and design a simple version of what they might look like. I am not going to try to use all sorts of poses, though I will take any other feedback.

Outside of suggestions for posing, I am desperate for feedback. I beg you to tell me everything that sucks about my designs.

G. W.
    Participant

The first installment in a topic no one cares about.

Little is known about the Warrior or his past. However, in the nineteen-forties, he became a founding member of a team of super-heroes known as “The All-Stars” (the rest of the original incarnation will come later. Right now, I’m working on the current incarnation). While his birth is believed to have been in the late nineteen-twenties, he has not seemed to have aged in years, appearing to have become immortal during the late nineteen-sixties.

In the early nineteen-seventies, the original All-Stars disbanded. The Warrior went off the grid. He was soon placed in charge of the Organization of Superheroes, a loosely organized group designed to find and train new heroes, and to keep heroes on the same side. He personally presides over one of their training sites, on location of an abandoned Vermont summer camp. This is where he personally trained several of the new All-Stars (The Electric Eel had been trained by his father from birth, and Ember was self-trained).

At the sites, as soon as someone is done with their training, they usually either go back to their daily lives or become independent heroes (often with ties to the Organization. The only people who stay past their training are All-Star candidates and certain special cases (i.e., they are at serious risk of death or capture).

When I came up with the concept, I swear I was not trying to even somewhat rip off Professor X. Actually, come to think of it, the majority of my characters are, at least to a certain degree, unintentional ripoffs. Just a fair warning as I continue to post.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

G. W.
    Participant

Here comes my next unintentional blatant ripo- I mean superhero, Aquam- I mean the Electric Eel.

The prince of an underwater kingdom (I originally had it as Atlantis, but I realized I had accidentally ripped off Aquaman, and tried to make the ripoff less obvious. Please recommend a name for this kingdom), the Electric Eel can manipulate electricity both in and out of (somehow, he is able to do this even underwater without killing everything inside of it. I came up with this character in elementary school, don’t pick apart the logical gaps), talk and breathe underwater (and out of water, but I don’t think that’s really a power), and swim at very high speeds (he can also run slightly faster than the average man, and is slightly stronger and has better endurance than the average man both in and out of water).

Trained to use his abilities by his father Poseidon (not the original Poseidon. The Greek gods are inherited titles in this universe based on a combination of heredity and superpowers), the Electric Eel is the most experienced member of the new team of All-Stars (unless you count the Warrior). He helped the warrior found the team, requesting help from the warrior to calm a rebellion on the part of his uncle Neptune (a title chosen for himself. The Roman gods do not exist in my universe).

Only now do I realize how stupid and unoriginal this character and backstory are. Come to think of it, all of my characters and backstories are kind of crappy. Oh well, I’ll continue torturing you all with them anyway.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

This is Ember (Thanks partially to a suggestion from Urban Vanguard, his civilian name is now Aiden Ignatius. Now does anyone have a better idea for a superhero name besides “Ember?”) He was a college student when got his powers in some kind of scientific accident at a lab where he was an intern. He can fly, and can summon and manipulate fire. He is self-trained, and was recruited by the Warrior after the Warrior grew suspicious of him (the lab happened to provide materials to the Warrior.)

Ember is, outwardly, the most laid-back member of the All-Stars, and frequently quips to hide his deeply rooted insecurities and anxieties.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The Eagle: The Eagle was raised in a laboratory from birth, where he was one of only seven successful experiments (I’ll get to the others eventually). When all of the surviving experiments were ten or eleven, six of the seven were able to successfully stage a breakout (the seventh sacrificed himself as a distraction.) The six almost immediately split up, though Eagle stayed with Chameleon. The two of them were f0und by the Warrior a few months after the breakout, and immediately began training. The Eagle has wings, talons, highly enhanced strength and speed, as well highly enhanced senses (particularly sight).

Due to his background, Eagle very rarely trusts anyone (the Warrior and the other All-Stars are the only people he trusts.) He is a bit moodier and far more reserved than the other All-Stars. He shares a very close bond with Chameleon, whom he considers to be his sister (and she in turn considers him to be her brother).

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Cerebrum: I admittedly don’t really have a backstory for him yet, except that he was born with his powers despite being fully human (something which is extremely rare in my universe. Only an estimated one out of every million humans are thought to be born with powers.)

Cerebrum can read minds no matter where the other person is, as long as he knows who they are (and can also speak to them), can fly (though only at fairly low altitudes), can teleport, has telekinetic abilities, and has occasionally exhibited mind control abilities, but tends not to use mind control due to the extreme difficulty of it. As far as non superhuman abilities go, Cerebrum is also extremely intelligent and has a photographic memory.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

The Chameleon: Backstory and personality-wise, she’s pretty much the same as the Eagle.

Powers: She can change the colors and patterns of her body (whether it matches her surroundings or not. She can also change anything about her hair, something that was added to make her powers more applicable to the human world. Finally, she can climb walls. She wears a suit that was designed to match her powers.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Iceberg (Working title. Any suggestions?): Again, not sure what her backstory is.

She can summon and manipulate frozen water (yes that is supposed to be ice, not just water). She can also freeze anything.

Attachments:

Funkmachine7
    Participant

For ice try to have the darker blue on the out side and the inside be white or pale blue.

G. W.
    Participant

Thanks! I’ll fix that.

G. W.
    Participant

Doctor Frost, for this week’s CDC.

Attachments:

UrbanVanguard
    Participant

Awesome work! I love all the backstories that you put on every character, I read every one of them and I think they’re all great. I really like the inclusion of a camouflaged Chameleon, it’s a nice touch.

A name for Ember could perhaps be Aidan (Gaelic origin meaning ‘fire’). I like it… what do you think? Not sure of a last name though.

Anyways, awesome work! Can’t wait to see more!

G. W.
    Participant

Thanks! I might also use your “Aiden” suggestion. For a while, I was using Latin for my characters last names (i.e., the Eagle’s citizen name is Manuel Aquilla (not sure what the correct spelling is), Aquilla being Latin for eagle), but I probably won’t do it for Ember. Most Latin words pertaining to flame are way too obvious (Flamma, Ignatius, et cetera.)

G. W.
    Participant

I am finally uploading my updated Iceberg, which I finished a while ago but haven’t posted yet. I still think the ice looks off, but I think it looks a little better.

Attachments:

G. W.
    Participant

Rounding out the All-Stars is The Wolf.

Charles Canis was in the United States Navy World War II. While coming back to America after the war ended, his ship crashed on rocks off the coast of a small, uninhabited island in the Pacific during a storm. Canis was one of just ten survivors. The ten sailors formed an alliance to stay alive, and immediately decided to seek out a source of fresh water. As they walked they discovered that the island looked bizarrely like a North American temperate forest, complete with corresponding flora and fauna. As they travelled, they came upon a pack of wolves. There were too many to run, so one of the men stayed behind, trying to distract the wolves. The other nine never saw him again. The nine continued on, eventually finding a small stream They all drank. Over the next few years, eight of the remaining men died, whether by starvation, poisonous wildlife, bear attacks, or falling, leaving only Canis.

Fast forward to 2010. Canis, despite being over eighty-five years old, still looked just as he had when he arrived on the island (aside from being noticeably dirtier and having long hair and a beard). He came to suspect that it might be the stream, as the wolves never seemed to die, but the plants always died in autumn. In April of 2010, Canis was finally rescued by a helicopter. However, just before he got in the vehicle, he was attacked by a wolf. Canis immediately started to transform, becoming somewhat more wolf than man. A man on board the helicopter was able to tranquilize Canis and the wolf, and Canis was returned to the mainland. Next thing Canis knew, he was laying in a bed with the Warrior looking down at him. Later, Canis found out that the helicopter had been sent by the Warrior to get water from the stream.

The Wolf can transform into a human-wolf combination at will (though it can also be triggered by bursts of emotion.) He can also control the degree to which he transforms (except for when he loses control, in which he immediately morphs into a more powerful, though far less stable state. If he totally loses control, he could become permanently stuck in a highly transformed state.)

When in his wolf form, Canis has claws and fangs, as well as highly enhanced strength, speed, senses, endurance, and agility. In general, Canis is immortal (though not invulnerable).

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.