EssayM’s Characters

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery EssayM’s Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author

JR19759
    Keymaster

The arms and hands are too big compared to the legs, especially the left leg, and the left foot is way too small (plus he seems to have two left feet). Also the head could be a tiny bit bigger. And the left hand just looks weird, the angle doesn’t work with how the hand has been drawn, I’d try a different item for that hand.
    Hope this helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the help, JR. Here’s the improved version of my snake beast:

Snake-Kung-Fu-Master-2.PNG

And here he is with some of his buddies:
    Beasts-of-Kung-Fu.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

On your snake beast his left foot is still a right foot, plus it is not lining up with the leg.

Hammerknight
    Participant

Correction his right foot is a left one. See if this helps. The leg is 100×100 and the foot is 125×125 and it makes the lines line up better.
    Feet-help.PNG

Anonymous
    Inactive

You mean like this?

Snake-Kung-Fu-Master-3.PNG

Scorp
    Participant

What Hammerknight is getting at is the foot on the right leg is in fact a left foot. You need to pop a right foot on the bottom of that right leg (the bent leg). Hope that helps. The foot on the left leg lines up much better now, but at the moment, he wouldn’t be able to do much dancing with those two left feet!

Scorp

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s the thing: they’re actually both right feet, and the foot I used for it isn’t available as a left foot. I think part of the confusion comes from the fact that both feet are facing to his left, as necessitated by the flying kick pose. I don’t know, is there still something I could fix with that, or should I just leave it as is?

Hammerknight
    Participant

You can flip the right foot and make it a left. Jeff wants to get the right items done first then he is going to go back and do the left ones. But for the most part all you need to do is flip the item.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Okay, I tried flipping and rotating the right foot, and I guess this is as good as it’s gonna get (at least I hope it is, I’m seriously getting tired of this guy). Thanks for all the help and patience. As much of a headache as this was, I definitely got some HM knowledge out of this.

Snake-Kung-Fu-Master-4.PNG

And this is what I would have entered in the contest had I gotten it done in time:

Beasts-of-Kung-Fu-2.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

It takes time, but it looks like you are doing a fine job with your characters. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Hammerknight. Now that I’ve got that out of the way, I’d like to introduce a new team I’m working on. They’re called the Body of Justice, because each member is based on parts of the human body (the cool ones, anyway). First up: The Brain.

The-Brain.PNG

Bio: After a particularly messy lab accident, the authorities were forced to follow Dr. Burton Chase’s unusual will and transfer his still-intact brain to a mechanical suit he had prepared for just such an occasion. In this new form, Dr. Chase decided to dedicate his new life to fighting evil (because really, what else are you gonna do with a super-powerful robot suit?) and subsequently formed the Body of Justice.

Powers and Abilities: Suit-enhanced strength, genius-level intellect, assorted weaponry built into the suit.

Hammerknight
    Participant

That’s a really smart design.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Hammerknight: Haha, I see what you did there.

Next Body of Justice member: Heart Girl.

Heart-Girl.PNG

Bio: Kelly Hawthorne was an intern under Dr. Chase prior to his accident. While looking through the doctor’s notes prior to his restoration, Kelly was fascinated by one of his theories on human adrenaline production and was inspired to test it out herself. Due to her lack of experience, however, the experiment backfired, giving her superpowers in the process. Upon returning and discovering his intern’s newfound abilities, Dr. Chase (now calling himself The Brain) assigned her the costumed persona of Heart Girl and made her the first official member of the Body of Justice.

Personality: Heart Girl often sports a sarcastic sense of humor, frequently ridiculing The Brain’s cornball sensibilities and his decision to present the group like cheesy Silver Age comics characters. Despite this, she is fiercely loyal to him and is often the first to come to his aid in combat.

Powers: Super-strength, flight, energy projection

Stulte
    Participant

Nice! I like the cape.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! I was worried that it would look too silly, but I’m glad it worked out in the end.

Next BOJ member coming tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.