Dive’s Character Gallery

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Dive’s Character Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Dive
    Participant

It’s exactly what it says on the tin! Feedback (positive or negative) is deeply appreciated. I will also be taking theme requests for my pictures if you have any. Wink

JR19759
    Keymaster

Welcome to the forums, please read the rules if you haven’t already done so. Look forward to seeing your work.

Weilyn

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Can’t wait to see your creations.
    If you like manga I highly recommend this tutorial made by our resident Magyar Master of Manga.

Dive
    Participant

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dive/2013/05/Alfeya-Soul-of-the-Phoenix.png
    This is my first post, so i think I shall celebrate with a cold drink! This took me A LOT longer than I thought it would, but in my opinion, the result was definitely worth the effort. The background took the longest, mostly because i got the idea from a dream I had, and my memory of it was fuzzy….
    This character is one of my favorite. I’ve hand-drawn her numerous times, but I’ve never had anywhere to put her. But, enough of that! CHARACTER BIO!

Alfeya’s Race and Planet:
    Alfeya’s homeworld, Za’el, was originally thought to be an uninhabitable planet due to its intense gravity, unpredictable and harsh weather, the unforgiving heat, and its surface geography (which contains a large amount of active volcanoes). The planet is, in reality, the home of 40 million human-like inhabitants.
    Alfeya is from an alien race that is similar to Amazons, but with a few differences:
    There ARE men (and quite a bit of them).
    Their culture has influence (and decendants) from Egyptian, Libyan, Persian, Roman, and Eastern cultures.
    Some members of this race have elemental or magical powers, and posses strength that is on par with Hercules (like Alfeya).
    This race has a MUCH higher understanding of technology (think “Thanagarian” level)
    Some members know how to manipulate their “aura” to gain the ability of interstellar flight without the aid of technology.

Alfeya:
    Occupation: Daughter of the Council (“princess” in fancy speak), Spy
    Powers: She has a lot, so I’ll only list the basics.
    Solar Manipulation: She has the ability to generate any kind of solar radiation that she chooses.
    Advanced Pyrokinesis: She can generate and control fire. This is not limited to fire that only she has created. She can change the intensity of her flames as well.
    Aura Manipulation/Reading: Her aura can read the “energy” emitted by her opponents, understanding their strength level. If concentrated, she can actually use this info to boost her strength and speed. There are some drawbacks because it takes A LOT of time to finish reading auras. In fact, this technique is barely practical since she can normally rely on her agility and wits if fighting against a stronger opponent.
    Basic Regeneration
    Basic Healing Spells
    Fighting Style: She’s basically an Egyptian kunoichi, although she has also learned multiple techniques from the Phoenix, an advanced intelligence created by Za’el’s top scientists. The Phoenix disappeared shortly after its creation, appearing in strange locations and disappearing again (defiant little fella). Alfeya found it in her childhood, and grew attached to it, so imagine her grief when it ended up destroyed by a massive amount of radiation (long story).

Weilyn

Wow, what a start!
    I love the outfit almost as much as I love the background Laugh

Are you planning on posting more characters from Za’el?

Dive
    Participant

Thanks! I’m glad you like it! I think my next character will be her father, but I may consider posting one of her allies instead. What do you think?

Hammerknight
    Participant

Welcome to the forums.

Kaldath
    Keymaster

Great First image, can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Willkommen, Dive!

Scatman

Hey welcome!!nice start ask anyone for anything!That’s just how we do’!!Seriously good people here,we are here to help!

Dive
    Participant

I’m not dead, I’m meditating!
    After figuring out how to use insignias to draw more detailed features, I decided to try to improve my art. I’ve been working on my own style for HeroMachine 3, which has taken A LOT of time, and honestly, I still don’t think I’ve mastered it. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif
    BUT! This doesn’t mean I’ve come empty-handed! I have prepared a picture to show my progress!

Mieran-Lake Princess

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dive/2013/07/Mieran-Lake-Princess.png

Y’know what’s funny? I thought that using insignias for faces and such was kind of original, until I learned that another user (The ever-so-talented Harlekin) makes her faces the exact…same…way….AND her pictures are better than mine…..http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dive/2013/07/Headdesk.gif
    This didn’t take more than an hour to make, so I apologize if it looks…stiff. I’m still working on poses, so bear with me…

Information:
    <span class=”bbcode_spoiler”> (“Ripped from a news report.”[not really])</span>

“Not much is known about this mysterious creature, except that she drifts along the bottom of large bodies of water, appearing in different parts of the Northern Hemisphere (though no one knows how she travels so far without detection). Some people claim to have witnessed her surfacing on particular nights while performing some kind of dance, leaping gracefully into the air before diving back into the depths below. Because of these claims, she has been named The Lake Princess.”

…Mieran isn’t really that mysterious. She’s actually kinda peppy, but you know how news reports can be when they are about mythical beings. http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

JR19759
    Keymaster

Great face. Your time away certainly hasn’t been wasted.

Dive
    Participant

Thanks, Mr. JR! The face was my favorite part. It was fun to draw, and it didn’t take long at all. I hope my other pics will be that way…

Harlekin

Good to see to someone inspired with my works. I like your face work nice attempt.

And a personnal message. I’m not her, maybe his and a him :D because i’m male.

Dive
    Participant

Oh….
    I knew I should’ve asked first XD
    Now I feel dumb.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.