Delirious AL’s stufffffffffffffffffffffff.

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Delirious AL’s stufffffffffffffffffffffff.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • Author

CantDraw
    Participant

Man, that’s cool!

Herr D
    Participant

You’ve asked repeatedly for critiques–I want to see an ornate background from you. Your characters are great. It’s time to make a background with the same level of care. Your ‘Drunk Dragon,’ for example, is close to Pixar level while the fire he breathes looks more like it’s painted on the set behind him. You know, like maybe he’s breathing a tiny bit of fire in front of a photo-op cutout. I know you could have done better fire. Split is great, but what about the arena or ‘dugout’ behind her? Rags she wiped her blades on? Cheering silhouettes behind her?

Maybe you should start by making a boring-looking character reacting to a Delirious Al background.

Trekkie
    Participant

Wow, that’s brilliant!

Delirious AL
    Participant

Thanks!
    @HerrD I appreciate the critiquesseseeseses. I’m really bad at backgrounds and scenery (you could probably gather that from the few that I’ve done) so I generally like to focus on the characters themselves. I have a hard time putting balance in a scene to where the environment doesn’t take away from the character and vice versa. But I agree that there’s definitely room to grow in that respect. And in reference to Rum and his fire breathing, I think I just got lazy there. :P You’re right, I could’ve done that better. Ha! Perhaps making an uber lame character in a crazy land of awe would be a good start. I may take you up on that… Hmmmmm. Surprised

Scatman

brilliant coloring,looks great!

Delirious AL
    Participant

Life is busy busy busy! *spoken like the bad dude from Frosty the snowman*
    I managed to sneak a few characters in though. Been experimenting a tad with working a bit of a background into things. Sometimes the environment takes away from the characters being showcased, so I tried hard not to stumble into that.

Midnight Magician
    DeliriousAL_MidnightMagician.png

Coup de Grâce

Jaguar
    DeliriousAL_Jaguar.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Welcome back, Delirious! Those three are so awesome!

CantDraw
    Participant

Great stuff! I love it!

JR19759
    Keymaster

Lets see: Awesome, Magnificent, Brilliant. I think that is just about right for this last trio.

Trekkie
    Participant

@JR19759 said:

Lets see: Awesome, Magnificent, Brilliant. I think that is just about right for this last trio.

Pretty much. The stars on Midnight Magician are especially awesome.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Delirious AL said:
    Coup de Grâce

djuby
    Participant

Really beautiful work!

ams
    Participant

Love your concepts and construction of items. Cheer!

prswirve
    Participant

What more can i say when ams and djuby already said it all? I’m always a fan of your work and has kept an eye on your gallery since.

Herr D
    Participant

Those backgrounds definitely count as an upgrade. The ones for Coup and Midn actually contribute to the character, and that’s the goal–Jag’s background was worth the effort. It gives her a context. Keep it up, and you might start making panels like RobM!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.