Community Effort Idea

Home Forums The Pub Community Effort Idea

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 215 total)
  • Author

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

Love it JR, but can i just add that with Reaper can we keep it at just silhouettes and stuff like that for now. Also a nice shot of his monitor but with dozens of screens…he’s the kind of bloke to have a few contingency plans

prswirve
    Participant

wow. perfect script. i can see the images running in my mind.

Iscarioto
    Participant

Agreed. How do you reckon we approach this then? Certainly a new thread. Maybe we try do them sequentially, so people go through and say I’ll do panel 4, ok I’ll do 5 etc? Then post in order? Or people handle a page each? Will be slow going, but so cool. Definitely a multi-media extravaganza

prswirve
    Participant

How are we gonna do this? I mean can we use other softwares or means other than HM? ‘This could get pretty complicated if we use HM only.

Also maybe we can use this thread for posting panel submissions, but every whole page would be on a separate thread, to make it more orderly.

Iscarioto
    Participant

I like your second idea, that’s a good plan. I think we should try where possible to keep it HM though, I mean, anyone can make a comic using other means, but this is what this forum is all about

prswirve
    Participant

i see… point taken..

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Iscarioto said:

I like your second idea, that’s a good plan. I think we should try where possible to keep it HM though, I mean, anyone can make a comic using other means, but this is what this forum is all about

I think that if we are going to do the entire comic then it should be split equally amongst the people who are willing to do it. If we could get more people it would be great. It would probably also be an idea for us to establish definite consistencies before starting, i.e. what all of the Ascension stuff looks like (cyborgs & the invasion craft I assume we are sticking with my designs, but what about the Walkers?) plus character appearances (some people have posted images of their characters, whilst some have not. We need to know what every character looks like before we start, because it isn’t going to be just you illustrating your part of the story. Back up characters like Shada and Wong Li An the barista would probably be a good idea as well). Also, if we do shading, we need just one person to shade the whole thing (who ever ends up doing so is going to hate me for this), because everyone has different shading styles and leaping between them is going to look messy. Or we could not bother with the shading outside of the glows from the Ascension weapons/ ships and the glows from the numerous fires.
    I liked the idea mentioned a couple of pages back about opening up some sort of contest to do the main images, which is why I put the double page panels in. Is that still going to happen?

As for what you said Alex, I’d imagined the room was dark once the monitors had been switched off so you couldn’t really see him properly.

prswirve
    Participant

i see… how about others just do line drawings, others color, and then the shading… it’d be faster i think. perhaps.

JR19759
    Keymaster

@prswirve said:

i see… how about others just do line drawings, others color, and then the shading… it’d be faster i think. perhaps.

For that to work, we’d need at least maybe 4 people working on the lines (preferably people with experience in doing and clothing unusual poses), two people doing colours and one doing the shading. Also, unless people are doing full pages instead of panels, we need someone to put all the panels together. Of course this may not be the way we do it, it’s down to wether we can find another option that works better.

Iscarioto
    Participant

I’d still like to have a crack at the Warships, and have a walker I’m working on at the moment. That and I think the troops need a helmet, as an option, but that could be a phase two thing. All of these will of course be based around or influenced by your amazing ideas. Particularly the troop, my god. My only thing is i think for the first phase that damages and scarring, particularly to the face need to be toned back, mostly for narrative purposes. With each phase the troops become less and less human.

Also colour, I feel, as this is complex and because I feel it fits the theme, I think that as much as we can a muted grayscale might make things easier and look pretty effective. I’m not thinking totally, but lots of silhouettes and such, and whenever colour is required for that frame you make it the champion. For instance, in the Henare thread, the frame for stabbing his superior in the back would be perhaps the black figure of Henare, behind a line drawn superior, on a grey background but with a blazing orange blade protruding.

Not to say we can’t have colour and zyping in the full page spreads, but yeah. I don’t know, might be a bit too blatantly Millar, but yeah.

Outside of that like the idea of liners, shaders and colourers. Deff need prswirve as a liner, looking at some of the poses he churns out!

JR19759
    Keymaster

@Iscarioto said:

I’d still like to have a crack at the Warships, and have a walker I’m working on at the moment. That and I think the troops need a helmet, as an option, but that could be a phase two thing. All of these will of course be based around or influenced by your amazing ideas. Particularly the troop, my god. My only thing is i think for the first phase that damages and scarring, particularly to the face need to be toned back, mostly for narrative purposes. With each phase the troops become less and less human.

Also colour, I feel, as this is complex and because I feel it fits the theme, I think that as much as we can a muted grayscale might make things easier and look pretty effective. I’m not thinking totally, but lots of silhouettes and such, and whenever colour is required for that frame you make it the champion. For instance, in the Henare thread, the frame for stabbing his superior in the back would be perhaps the black figure of Henare, behind a line drawn superior, on a grey background but with a blazing orange blade protruding.

Not to say we can’t have colour and zyping in the full page spreads, but yeah. I don’t know, might be a bit too blatantly Millar, but yeah.

Outside of that like the idea of liners, shaders and colourers. Deff need prswirve as a liner, looking at some of the poses he churns out!

I’ve been working on Phase’s 2 & 3 for the cyborgs, both of which have helmets, so don’t worry about that.
    I think that muted colours are a good idea, but greyscale could look quite weird if random colours suddenly appear every so often.
    If we aren’t zyping the main pages that could save a lot of time or the colourists could add shadows instead of fully zyping.
    Agreed on the prswirve point, I’d say you’d need to be a colourist in that case, if we want to get the best at each.

I think a cover need doing. And we need a (contest) thread for people to put up the double pages.

JR19759
    Keymaster

Oh, btw, here’s Wong Li An the barista from my part of the story. Because we need reference pictures of all the characters.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/063/f/8/wong_li_an_by_jr19759-d5wykvh.png

Plus two cyborg stages. I’ll be interested to see the reaction to stage 3. The mid-section isn’t normally open, I just wanted to show how deep the modifications go, that they aren’t really human anymore.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/063/5/1/cyborg_series_2_by_jr19759-d5wyl5i.png
    http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/063/7/c/ultimate_cyborg_by_jr19759-d5wyl89.png

Alexander of Limbo
    Participant

for some reason i always saw the barista as an old man, lol.

Also i’ve had this idea for the sort of zombie androids things mentioned before (where a face hugger type thing just takes over humans) just wondering about those though. Do they have to be extremely armored or only lightly, considering they are civilians with no training, you wouldn’t really wan to waste a lot of tech on them…

Iscarioto
    Participant

Phase two and three are phenomenally perfect JR. Lock em in. Would still like to find a way to use, I think it was prswirve’s heavies from a few pages back, maybe a bit of tweaking with colour and helmet and we are away.

I still want to play around with phase one just a touch, will see if I have time for it today, I forgot to email myself the one I was working on so it’s locked down on my work comp, back in there tomorrow night.

As for the nano-hugger things, I think it would be a bit of both. The way I see it it’ll be more of a back of the head hugger, maybe three independent fast crawlers, one jumps up and inserts itself at the base of the skull, with little arms that wrap around the head, covering and replacing the eyes, with two more arms that wrap around the jaw and rip it back. Horrific, but you know. So its the upper skull, maybe a couple more arms to wrap the neck. From there I think the next two in the unit take arms and legs, and either work over them or tear them right out and transform into temporary replacements. Thinking almost the thickness of bone, to really give that zombie robot sort of look. Maybe something which throws out the internal organs as well. Basically it’s just trying to preserve the brain.

And on the note of expendibility, aside from writing in some big hitting payrolling political theory, I’d say this zombie stage in tentative, mass production allows them to be semi expendible, but their true purpose in this state is a mid point, they should be able to defend themselves, but their own priority is to return to what could be a bigger vehicle than the warships – a factory ship. There their construction is completed.

Essentially, the huggers (we need a new name) are a virus, so they’d be unleashed on a population to take up as many of the locals and bring them back to convert into willing followers. Religion 4.0.

JR19759
    Keymaster

So you’re thinking like the headsets in Doctor Who- Rise of the Cybermen. Like it.
    I’ll have a go at prswirve’s design, maybe they could be the heavy support troops, for use against major threats, like tanks, and my stage 2’s could be the main ground troops.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 215 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.