Blazing Blue Universe

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Blazing Blue Universe

Viewing 9 posts - 1,201 through 1,209 (of 1,209 total)
  • Author

Vengeance
    Participant

ams
    Participant

Did you get it working?

Vengeance
    Participant

No I simply thought Blue was asking for a way to still open H.M

Arcade Invader
    Participant

“So…has anyone figured out a way to use HM without needing an IT degree?”

Well, I only have MOST of an IT degree, so until then I might be able to help out.

Step 1: Go here first, then scroll down until you find the circled link. It’s pretty much at the very beginning, just under the dragon picture:

Step 2: Follow that link, then download the Flash Player projector content debugger for whatever platform (windows, linux, mac) you’re using.

(I would have liked to link directly to the download page but HM forum wouldn’t let me)

Arcade Invader
    Participant

Step 3: find “flashplayer_32_sa_debug” in your downloads folder and run it. It should open a blank window titled “Adobe Flash Player 32”

Step 4: File->Open to bring up a new window with a text field in it

Step 5: Paste http://www.heromachine.com/hm3/heromachine3.swf  into the text field and click Ok. This should bring up Heromachine 3.

You should then move “flashplayer_32_sa_debug” from your downloads to somewhere you won’t lose or delete it by accident.

After you run it the first time instead of steps 3/4 you should be able to run HM3 by just clicking: File-> http://www.heromachine.com/hm3/heromachine3.swf

Vengeance
    Participant

YEA THAT IS WHAT IS IN THE ARTICLE i POSTED A LINK TO

Arcade Invader
    Participant

YEA THAT IS WHAT IS IN THE ARTICLE i POSTED A LINK TO

No, I filtered out the jargon and rewrote the important parts step by step from beginning to end, because blue indicated that he didn’t understand the article you were linking to.

Blue Blazer
    Participant

Okay, so I am using a Chromebook, which doesn’t use Mac or Windows.

Arcade Invader
    Participant

Okay, so I am using a Chromebook, which doesn’t use Mac or Windows.

Oof. So the deal is that by default a chromebook can’t run .exe (windows) or .tar.gz (linux) files. You can set up your chromebook to run .tar.gz files but it looks kind of technical and I just don’t really know that much about chromeOS, so all this is my best guess:

1: follow the steps here to enable linux compatibility mode

2: download the linux x64 version of the Flash Player projector content debugger from my original comment

3: follow the steps here to turn that file into an application that chromeOS can read

then continue from step 3 of my last comment.

Good luck, feel free to ask questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1,201 through 1,209 (of 1,209 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.