On June 18th, 1942, musician Paul McCartney was born.
Your Pop Quiz challenge is to use this information to create a “Beetle” with “Wings”. See what I did there?
You only get one entry so be creative, and above all else, have fun!
All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like the HeroMachine :,ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image must be new and designed specifically for the Pop Quiz;
- No copyrighted characters please – they will be deleted.
- Please name your filesas [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image(like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). See this post on how to get the direct link for most sites.
This contest will close at 6pm Eastern on Sunday, June 19th.
The beatle 60’s hero in and out of costume.
This image is based on a piece of Portal 2 fanart I did (specifically a Mantis Man, or at least how I think they look) with a bit of The Fly thrown in, but the character I made for this pop quiz is just a generic supervillain.
Also, this guy fits in with The Adventures Of Armo.
The “Dob” beetle is too fast for regular shutter speed on a regular camera, as evidenced by this blurred image. Migratory and British invasive, , this specimen was headed back to where it once belonged in the most unusual weather, a tangerine sky. It normally infests the Sergeant Pepper plant, but will accept lotus, discarded polyester or vinyl, or acid-washed denim. Has a noticable aversion to rye.
*pop-spmdob –This effect was produced by typing “Sir P. M. 6-18-42” in various fonts, stretching and shrinking and spinning and layering and coloring them. Djuby SAID to use that information to make the image–I used almost nothing else.
Contest closed. Winner will be posted shortly.