Your Pop Quiz Challenge is to choose one of the time travelling heroes from the public domain link above and recreate them for the 21st century.
You only get one entry so be creative, and above all else, have fun!
All entries must be in JPG or PNG form (BMPs are too big), posted to a publicly accessible website (like the HeroMachine forums,ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or whatever);
- Entries must be made as a comment or comments to this post, containing a link directly to the image and the character name;
- The image must be new and designed specifically for the Pop Quiz;
- No copyrighted characters please – they will be deleted.
- Please name your files as [your name]-[character name].[file extension] before you upload it. So DiCicatriz, for instance, would save his “Bayou Belle” character image as DiCicatriz-BayouBelle.png.
- Please make the link go directly to the image (like this) and not to a hosting jump page (like this). See this post on how to get the direct link for most sites.
This contest will close at 6pm Eastern on Sunday, June 1st.
I notice one of the characters on that list is represented in the wiki by … a HeroMachine picture. Looks like we’ve got some time travelers around here?
Found him – Jimmy Anytime
The Traveler also looks like an HM creation. I’ve seen a few others around the PDSH wiki, too.
I give you Toni Stark. No, not the one that just popped into your head, This one: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-gATN1iKjcNc/U4rpyUP5Z5I/AAAAAAAAHZY/8dpxzsTTJa8/s1600/Toni%2520Stark.png
I went a bit “trope”ish here, as her “thing” was traveling through time to observer events, but getting involved in them in “revealing period clothing”. So I thought, what is more trope than the chain mail bikini with a big sword and a small shield in the “middle ages”? 😉
Original description: http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Toni_Stark
A hero designed originally by a genius six-year-old might, unfortunately, always look like it was designed by a six-year-old–here’s hoping.
The Super American
I picked the original Dr.Voodoo, cause he was scantily clad and handsome, then ended up going a WHILE new direction with him, Go Figure.
My Entry Professor Fenton
Hope it’s not too late.
Contest Closed. Winner announced shortly.
Cavalry_Red, did you happen to notice anything… unusual about the good Captain’s name, both as an adventurer, and his ‘secret identity’?
Say, a similarity to a masked adventurer who used to carve his initial into his opponent’s clothing with a fencing sword?
One whose movie was what young Bruce Wayne went to see, the night his family was gunned down?
Nice picture, by the way…