This week, I want to hear your opinions on what is Joss Whedon's greatest work. I'm not going to put everything he's done, I'll let you guys add your faves.
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Buffy was great until about the last two seasons. The whole “robot Buffy” thing was just a smidge too much. Haven’t read X-Men in a long time. Absolutely love Firefly. One of the best written, fully character-developed shows of all time. Bonus, it’s a “western space opera.” Smart, funny, and surprisingly moral (for want of a better word). Charming rogues, frontier justice, strong ethics, code of honor, etc., etc.
Serenity was supposed to encapsulate the whole saga into a two hour movie. It was good. If Firefly had gone on for four or five seasons, we would have the whole enchilada! And Avengers was just amazing… I mean fantastic… I mean incredible… freaking epic.
Don’t forget Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-Long Blog!
I love Avengers, but I think I have and will forever more feel that Whedon’s best work was Firefly. Probably because it got cancelled too early, and the potential of what could have been elevates it in my eyes.
I actually didn’t know about the show until after Serenity came out, although I did love the movie enough to go out and immediately buy the season on DVD, which I loved even more.
“Of all sad words of mouth or pen, the saddest are these: it might have been.”
—John Greenleaf Whittier
i think this covers Firefly pretty well. It was an amazing show and we know we lost something great.
Then there’s The Avengers currently the crown jewel of Marvel’s cinematic universe.
It’s really a toss up between the two, but i think i’m going to have to side with Avengers if for no other reason than the movie series show no signs of being cancelled, and i eagerly wait to see how the story continues.