Ok Folks the deadline for entry into FNF has expired. I Now have 10 complete entries 6 less then the minimum required for a traditional FNF tournament. I am now face with a decision. Should I call it off and try again sometime down the road, OR restructure the contest to make it work with just the 10 entries I have. I will take the next couple days to contemplate my decision and let you all know on Friday. Feel free to let me know how you feel about it in the comments below.
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
There are probably a few different ways you could do it with 10, these two came to my mind:
– Have a play in to take it to 9, then a second (this one based on the fantasy characters) to take it to 8, with the standard bracket being enforced from then on.
– Have a play in round to determine rankings for 5 one-on-ones (with the fantasy characters), then have the 5 winners in a quarter final free-for-all (based on the sci fi characters) to take them down to 4, with then the semis and final going on as normal.
Both allow the opportunity for all 5 character categories to be shown.
I’ve also been trying to work out a module that includes a “last chance brawl” scenario; say the 10 are taken to 6 in a play-in, then those are taken to 3 with the 4th being the one of the fallen 7 to come out on top, with then a standard semi and final.
Though that one isn’t quite there yet
I’d say wait a bit longer… Give it another week, or so, and if that doesn’t do it, THEN start rearranging things as needed.
The idea you suggested a few days ago would work fine. It is a shame that more people haven’t entered but I get the feeling leaving it open any longer wouldn’t yield many more entries, if any. I refuse to let you call it off. There’s ten entries so you could do the normal structure with one less round if need be.
That sounds like a solid idea. If there are more than two entries for Round 4, it could be a Battle Royale!
Don’t call it off, just modify the structure a little so ten entries work. I really want to see the battle!
Adapt, overcome, and survive. I have such an excitable investment in this! So going to get my butt kicked and I don’t care. I have p1ssed and moaned and whined and complained that we should have an FNF for a long time. Let’s do this!
If you’re not up to it, mommy is here to step in! (Yes, I’m a mom… just ask Chloe-cat).
This is my first FNF. Not sure what to expect.
I hope mine is one of the 10 that made it in on time
OK I have decided to go ahead and restructure the contest to make 10 contestants work. I haven’t yet decided on the new format but I will have that figured out by tomorrow and have the first round posted though it may be late in the day by the time I post it.
Actually I should say Today instead of tomorrow since it is nearly 1 am here.