(From "The Green Mask" number 6, 1940-ish.)
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Now is this guy the titular “Green Mask”, or just another guy from the comic, because he doesn’t appear to be wearing any green at all…
@Gero: Maybe the mask is green on the front?
That is actually one of the back-up characters, “Navy Jones”. Like Davy Jones, get it? Only, not dead and stuffed in a locker.
These old comics would have three or four short adventures with the main character, then three or four back-up stories with secondary characters as well. Kinda neat when you consider in the modern age we can’t reliably crank out 20 pages of one story each month.
@Jeff 3: I love when U.S. comic artists (*cough* Liefeld *cough*) can’t meet a 20-page-a-month deadline and complain about it being too much work. They have a guy who writes, a guy who draws, and another guy who inks, and can’t do 20 pages a month, but Japanese mangaka do it all themselves (i.e. one guy does both the writing and the drawing, and any color pages that issue may have), and churn out 20 pages a WEEK…