With great pleasure, I present Round Two of Friday Night Fights 3, featuring the following fantastic fights:
As a quick review, there are four head-to-head contests this week. You can vote once in each matchup for your favorite. The winner of that fight moves on to face the winner of the next bracket, so the first-place finisher in the Asder-headlessgeneral poll will meet the winner of the Martian Blue -PapaKrok match in week 3.
Good luck to our Elite Eight! Note that you can click on the image in the poll to see it full-size, and that once again results will be hidden until the polls close next Friday at 1 a.m. Mountain Time.
Asder vs. headlessgeneral
- Asder's Hitman the X-4 of "X-5": Dino Giavallone is a man who used to work as an independent hitman for many mafia families, and gained the reputation of the world greatest hitman at a very young age, because his missions were extremely dangerous and almost impossible, and he never missed a target. His reputation precedes him even after leaving his days as a hitman, as even being a member of the elite 5, people referred to him as ¨hitman¨, so he kept it and use it. Hitman is a very skilled shooter who can shoot a fly without killing it from a very long distance. Also he is known as the one man army, being able to defeat many enemies with just one blast.
He can generate large amounts of energy with his hands and blasted trough his guns, or accumulate it in big concentrations and quickly release it causing explosions from grenades to A-bombs levels. Having overdeveloped senses, he can easily see without light and listen when a needle falls. He is also really smart strategist, a cold calculator and a specialist on spy and infiltrations missions. And his self-proclaimed greatest ability, he is a ladies' man.
- headlessgeneral's Jana of "The Stars": Heat and cold manipulation to the extreme.
Martian Blue vs. PapaKrok
- Martian Blue's Gale of "Midnight Mavericks": Growing up knowing her older brother in name only, the former multi-pageant queen received an unhealthy amount of her parents’ attention, blaming themselves for their son’s unexplained disappearance. The siren destined to be called “Gale” grew from childhood into womanhood with a nasty case of self entitlement, her saving grace being her naturally gentle turn. The manifestation of her powers where made clear to her and family when she came home from high school upset, she had not been nominated for prom queen. She stormed in the house, stomped up the steps, slammed her bedroom door, threw herself onto the bed, and let out a blood curdling, ear ringing scream, followed by a tornado destroying almost 1/4th of Kansas. Afraid their daughter might be possessed the family called in preachers, and through hear say and a few no-name papers, the story received minor news coverage. Deeming herself “…a freak…” to dangerous to live among “…normal people…” she wrote a letter to her parents, laid it on her pillow, and slipped out of the house in the middle of the night. While walking along the road she was picked up by a man dressed all in black. *Ring, Ring* “Hello?” “Your sister’s in a motel on VT-289, room 7” “Who is this?” *Click*. A few hours later there was a knock at the door, and when the girl opened it there stood her brother, “Maverick”. Since becoming known as “Gale” a couple of the other “Midnight Mavericks” team members have attributed a second meaning to the name, bundling her seeming mood swings and the wind’s almost instant intensity changes. Since joining the team her civilian cover, provided by her brother, is as a nurse at the “Craven Common Health Hospital”.
- Gale/Energy Projector – Team Role: Versatile Role / Powers: Wind Manipulation.
- PapaKrok's Tracer of "Lason Daga Conspiracy": Psyonic Field / Chakra Energy Generator.
DiCicatriz vs. Tarkabarka
- DiCicatriz' Specs of "Quintessence": Ted Osman headed the department of extradimensional exploration at Flux's resident research facility and operated the dimensional projector on the very first attempted dimensional breach into a dimension whose physical laws and properties differed wildly from our own. The gateway was off target and a massive star composed of sentient energy lifeforms threatened to spill out and consume our own reality. Ted was saved from exposure to a radiation lifeform by a security guard on the scene, but made the mistake of staring directly into the dimensional breach as Flux sealed it shut. The light of the alien star, composed of viral photons, entered his eyes and began a chain reaction in his brain, converting it into an immensely powerful energy reactor. Flux was able to temporarily contain the energy discharge (after it took out one of the reinforced walls) while he developed a more permanent solution. Ted had to have an energy diffuser surgically attached to his face, coupled to an exhaust system he carries on his back. This leeches off the constant energy output through his eyes, filters it, and releases it in an inert
imperceptible form (sometimes visible as soft radiating waves). Ted can use his harness offensively by disabling the filter system, and releasing destructive bursts of energy from his goggles. Flux makes it a point to provide constant repair and upgrade to the apparatus, as an uncontrolled energy discharge has the capacity to annihilate everything in Ted's line of vision. He took his codename from the apparatus itself (the Self Protective Energy Containment System); calling himself Specs.
- Tarkabarka's Solaria of "Fast Jack and the Red Eagles": Hellion god daughter who was born in human flesh. A young Jenna Harris was in her early years a strange and irresistible compulsion with the fire. 18 at At her age 18 her father's spirit appeared before her and warned of the danger does she exist of Lunar the ancient enemy of Hellion. Lunar has been destroying the human flesh goddess by his forces. Jenna rush from town to town to escape her pursuer the Souls from the Dark Moon. Despite his father's explicit instructions she use her goddess power to help the people. She has now calmed down, but still in her mind they find and destroy her. Fast Jack's request to she join the Red Eagles. Jack is the only one person who know Jenna past. She trying to help the peoples, but she also needs help because the minions of Lunar is always find her.
Strength: Solar Power, Order of the Fire
AMS vs. AJW
- AMS' Battalion of "Red Dawn": Able to absorb solar radiation and covert to strength, invulnerability and powerful laser blasts emitted from hands or eyes; Can also use stored solar energy for regeneration.
- AJW's Corona of "Metanoir": Corona can fly, and become a humanoid supernova, his temp ranges from 7,500-10,000 kelvin at his peak, enough to scorch the earth.Usually Corona, stays as hot as a dim lightbulb. As well as be hot, Corona can blast his heat as fast as light can travel. In dire circumstance, Corona can explode in supernova fashion, it is unknown what happens if he does this.
My Top 3 In Alphabetical Order:
Now I have to count the days again until we get the winners!
Thanks everybody! It means a lot to make it this far 🙂 Lots of great entries this round. MartianBlue: that wind effect on Gale is awesome! I might have to steal it for a character 😉
It is too bad that DiCi and Ams are in the same bracket… those guys are freakin awesome!
Headless vs AMS for the championship… AMS wins in a photon finish!
Good luck to all, and good luck to me. I think this is the most hardest round for me. DiCicatriz is so strong contestant.
Here is my full team. I tell it i only give the code name and the names, because i want personnal card of folder theme.
Thanks for the votes and the support guys and gals!
Here is the updated group pic with my energy blaster, BATTALION, added in.
Thanks for the votes i really means a lot.
There are also good characters on this round, good look everybody.
Eight great entrants here. Great job Guys! And good luck!
Xenowolf(4) Thanks for the finalist prediction, but I’m happy just making it this far:) I like my team and I like my guy but Asder’s Hitman has me worried. He sooo smooth looking.
Forgot to give Bronce’s story but here is Corona’s
Corona was born from a star, when God first created man, he thought they should be celestial too, and thus created him a celestial body, only later changing man to mirror his image. Corona is a gleeful person, happy almost always, he is very evangelical, which can be annoying sometimes to the other members, but Bronce and him have formed quite a brotherhood in faith. Corona is undying in his faith and will always spare lives when he can.
And to anyone interested Bronce’s story, maybe jeff thought it was too long.(I realize now these origins make me seem very religious, they aren’t a bibleman style group just fyi)
ronce was born Hernan Dominguez in a small war-torn nation in South America, fighting alongside a rebellion called Cuervos De Muerto, the ravens of death. In the revolution him and his older sister Adriana were front line fighters, and in one battle, she died in a blaze of gunfire. Driven by grief, Hernan fled the battle into the jungle, stumbling upon old native ruins as it began to rain. Hoping to meet his sister in Heaven, Hernan raced to the top of the highest ruins he could, when a loud scream was heard, like that of an eagle, then a flash of lightning, and a roar of thunder. Hernan woke completely unscathed upon the top of the highest ruined temple, with the buzz of static running through his form. Hernan is a very principled man, kind, and charitable. Injustice makes Hernan crazy, and he hates guns, scars from his rebel past. In a very non-sexual way, Hernan is very tentative to children, he loves kids. While fierce in battle, Hernan is very calm, and thoughtful when off the field.
Asder vs Headlessgeneral
Both of these creators have really impressed me in this contest and this round is no different. Visually I find asder’s Hitman more appealing, but headlessgeneral’s Jana really screams team theme to me, when compared to his latter entrants. In a singles comp I would go with Asder, but for this, being a team comp, I have to give my vote to headlessgeneral’s Jana
PapaKrok vs MartianBlue
PapaKrok is always at the top of his game, his entrants this time are, as always, proof of that, my favorite being his gadgeteer Groovy. As with Asder I’m having a hard time finding the team link, though I’d like to say every team doesn’t always have to look alike, be it costume, color, etc. As standalone characters these are all amazing. I really liked the way mine turned out this round as well, I was actually pretty happy with most of my entrants for this contest. I think this should also be a close battle my vote once again falls to my Gale though
DiCicatriz vs TarkaBarka
The battle of the “names”… In all seriousness I’m glad to see TarkaBarka still in the competition, though I haven’t voted for her, I think she’s been doing a fantastic job in the contest. DiCicatriz has really brought it, to no one’s surprise, though his have not been my absolute favorites of the contest, they have been right up there. Great characters, backed by a fantastic story, and a solid underlying team theme, my vote once agian falls to dicicatriz’s Specs
AJW vs AMS
Battle of the Triple A’s??? As characters I like them both, as finished works I prefer AMS’. Now I’m not knocking AJW’s, I’m just stating what detracted my attention from it, the costume. It’s not a bad design, it just seems unfinished, the shading makes for a neat and fuller effect, but isn’t a necessity and isn’t what I’m referring to, the actual design elements is what I mean, namely the belt (abdomen/groin) region, it just doesn’t seem to flow. On the other hand though the actual character design is very cool, though I would suggest an aura around him to really push his powers across, until reading his story I thought he was a snowman, instead of heat. Vote AMS’ Battalion
Preciate it DiCicatriz, and feel free to use any elements you like 🙂
asder’s Hitman X-4 (though he didn’t get my vote based on contest theme)
@Martian blue(11): I´m that i´m your favorite(even knowing i didn´t get the vote). I said before to VonMalcolm on the last round, i didn´t want to create a team with similar costume, i wanted to do something like the justice league, beacuse they are different characters with different personalites, with the same objective and motivations.
My top 4
I have a feeling that it will be very hard to vote in the next couple of weeks. This is going to get tough with so many master heromachinists
@Asder(12) I saw that and I completely understand that, also I like the fact that they are all different, I was just throwing out that I wouldn’t make a visual link between them unless they were all together, or being told they were a team. I can honestly say though, that with each round yours keep getting better, and as (I think it was) Jeff stated before, you have your own unique style, you can always tell which characters are yours, a very impressive feet using a program with preset pieces.
Martian Blue! Fight!! Yea, the team thread is pretty subtle with allusions to mind altering substances and beliefs…hint..google the name of the group and the names of some of the members…I know. I’m a bad, bad hippie 🙂
I think you are gonne smoke me on this one my friend. No pun intended of course :O
Martianblue (11) – Not she and her, maybe He and him :D, because im a man.
In HM i more prefer women body and body parts, because i make better poses with the man body parts.
But for the contest, I know it i’m not the fav, but everything is possible.
Aw, man! I leave for a couple months due to computer problems & schoolwork and come back to find I missed the reinstatement of Friday Night Fights while I’m gone?? Just my luck! 🙁
…Erm, what I meant to say was awesome pictures, guys! Looking forward to having a little time to look at them more closely and vote!
In the consolation round, i wrote it to i never wrote who is my favourite, because i don’t want to insult anyone with my opinions.
My problem for a few picture that i can’t see any team relationship. Yeap all of the pictures are strong for visuals, and if you want it you find any team relation for the backgrounds.
I guess I misunderstood the issue, because I thought the team membership is also important not just an awesome picture.
But no problemo. For the next FNF I learn a lot of thing.
I must say, this is quite exciting. Makes me wish I would have joined in on the fun. Maybe next time.
Awesome work everyone!
Omg and i can’t speak and write for english.
So i’m male, not female. Sorry i usually forgot what is the perfect word.
@Tarkabarka, sorry about that. Looking at some of your creations I assumed, I did the same thing awhile back with one of the forum members. Again I apologize for the assumption.
@MartianBlue(21) No problem with that. My very good friend also assumption that when he saw my pictures. He ask whose that chick who make it. He dropes his jaw when i smile and told him to i was that who made it.