Frevoli requested an oceangoing pirate type galley for his Caption Contest 102 victory, and I've just posted it to Companion-Vehicles. I made the sails color1, so you can Mask an insignia or whatever to them, creating the effect of a pattern just on the sails without going onto the wood part. The light gray in the preview is a 30% black screen so it will look more like those parts are in shadow. Enjoy!
Google Sponsored Content
The Nerdmudgeon PodcastThree middle-aged nerds (including yours truly!) review all of the MCU movies in chronological order. Short, funny, and full of good vibes, check it out and let us know what you think! Nerdmudgeon.com
Recent Blog Posts
- The Death of the CDCs February 18, 2023
- Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home February 13, 2023
- CDC #539 – Alter Egos ( Hosted by Cody Merrill) February 5, 2023
- CDC #538 – Fantastic creatures..! (hosted by Scott Weyers) January 29, 2023
- CDC #537 – VOTING – DUKE of DARKNESS (Hosted by Scott Weyers) January 28, 2023
- Christopher G Eberle on The Death of the CDCs
- NerdAndProud on The Death of the CDCs
- Scott Weyers on The Death of the CDCs
- djuby on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
- Scott Weyers on Character Design Challenge #– 540 – Home Sweet Home
The Secret Lair
Awesome – thanks Jeff
Nice! I like it.
Sweet! Great prize choice, great drawing!
Awesome! I will definitely get some use out of this.
She’s a Beaut.
@Dblade: Do you think this ship is ‘awexome’?
Oooh, I like this! Thanks Frevoli and Jeff.
Are we sure that’s called a “galley”? I’d buy “galleon” but I’m pretty sure the mess hall of a ship is called its galley. I only know because I was in the Navy for 6 years.
You’re probably right, Blazer. Galleon it is!
Both galley and galleon are types of ships.
Thanks Jake. I think the one depicted is still a galleon, since it has the big sails and no oars, but it’s good to know I wasn’t TOTALLY wrong in using the word Galley at first.