I've always liked long-time poster Anarchangel's stuff, and now I'm glad to get the chance to know him better. So do you, you lucky duck! I always wondered where the handle came from, and now I know. Though I have to confess, I thought maybe it was a play on "Anarchy" too. Oh well, wrong again!
Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present Anarchangel!
- Online name used in HeroMachine environs: Anarchangel
- A photo (or drawing) of you in "real life":
- Real name: Gabriel (Hence Anarchangel)
- Real city/state/country: Near Glasgow, Scotland.
- Real job: Bike messenger.
- Real age: 27
- Gender: Male
- Relationship status (married, single, in a long-term relationship, dating someone, "it's complicated", etc): Married
- Online archive of your creations: http://forums.ugo.com/showthread.php?t=37288
- The best piece of HeroMachine art you've created: Dragonfly:
- Favorite all-time geeky movie if any: I'd have to say "Star Wars". I'm a total geek for this franchise and have a veritable encyclopedia of knowledge about the expanded universe in my brain. Total geek.
- Favorite all-time geeky book if any: I'm not sure if it would be considered geeky but I love Alice in Wonderland.
- Favorite all-time geeky TV show if any: "Stargate SG-1"
- Favorite all-time comic book character if any: This changes all the time but one character I've always liked is Deadpool. Though I liked him more before everyone else jumped on the band wagon and he became popular.
- If you could have one super-heroic power in real life, you'd choose: Telekinesis, simply because it can be used in so many different ways. Using it to fly would be good but I'd probably end up slamming myself into the side of a building.
- In your leisure time you like to: I like to write and usually have at least three stories I try to get typed up. I've found online roleplaying to be quite an entertaining pass time and when I'm not being a geek I like to listen to music (I'm a total metal head).
- Character design turn-ons (things you love to see that make for a good design): Attention to detail. I'm the kind of person who looks over every inch of a character and when I see all the intricate little details that someone puts into their creations I can tell that they've put a lot of time and love into it.
- Character design turn-offs (things you hate to see that make for a bad design): Obvious mistakes. Like I said, I look at everything and something doesn't make sense, be it a backwards hand or an awkward pose, it ruins the image in my opinion.
- Best tip for a HeroMachine newbie: Stick with it. When I started out with the HeroMachine 3 program I couldn't do a damn thing with it and I was tempted to give up after seeing how great other people could make their characters look. But I kept at it and I learned from other users and now I like to think I can make some acceptable creations. Speaking of other users, don't be afraid to ask questions. The HeroMachine community as a whole are a helpful bunch and you can learn a lot from them all.
- Any personal message you'd like to share with the HeroMachine community about Geek Life: Embrace your geekiness. Geeks drive the world forward, pushing new ideas and new thoughts and bringing about change. It's good to be a geek. It's good to be unique. Once you start becoming like everyone else you're screwed. Also don't watch "Jersey Shore" or you'll die inside.
Glasgow?? We don’t live that far from each other,i live in Largs. Cheers.
Since the entire book is basically Carrol ranting about/criticizing the then “new” concept of imaginary numbers and modern math, I’d say Alice definately classifies as a “geeky” book. I like your choices in most things, but to me Deadpool will always be Liefeld’s poor attempt to rip off Deathstroke…
Welcome to the club Anarchangel! Power User membership fee is due every 6th Thursday of the Month 😀
That’s hilarious. My friend and I were at Denny’s last night, discussing the dreck that is MTV’s current programming, and had come to the same consensus about the aforementioned show.
Congrats on the profile Anarchangel.
Nice to see another Scotsman here! 😀
@Anarchangel: Congrats, and don’t give up on the Scorpion!
Glad to have another metal-head on board. Congratulations on your power user status 😀
Lots of good stuff in your gallery. The HM2.5 version of Blackwing is really cool.
Welcome aboard glad to see you here.
Congrats Anarchangel! Your pics and images are awesome!
Congrats Anarchangel! Being half-Scottish I guess I can agree with Dennis’ comment.
Congrats! You have a lot of fantastic characters and without your craziness, things wouldn’t be as fun.
Yeah, your characters were cool. I really liked seven.
@Jeff – Anarchangel is a play on my name [i]and[/i] Anarchy so you were right.
@Dennis (6) – It’s nice to see Scotsmen everywhere. We’re awesome 🙂
@Danny Beaty (7) – I won’t. I’m quite fond of the character and even used him in a short lived rp.
@dblade (16) – m/(^_^)m/
@dblade – The Gods Made Heavy Metal!!!!
Manowar-the Gods made heavy metal = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XyBMYbLiCU
I’ve always liked your stuff, Anarch. Good ideas, good execution.
Also, epic bed-head! 😀
Welcome to the club. I can’t believe it took me this long to figure out An Arch Angel…
Welcome! I still think you have some anarchy in you despite the ruse about “angels” and all 🙂 Great work!
@PapaKrok – I do. See comment 16 🙂
Awesome m/(^_^)m/ ! I’ve never seen that one before. The Internet can be a wonderful teacher. 🙂
Welcome aboard Anarch, a HM member truly deserving. Your among the creators whose work I always enjoy looking at, I can always expect something unique. Also one of the people who made me feel at home when I first joined the forums, thinking back makes me miss talking to Hakoon, and Dark Vatican among others.